Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Letter to NSC - re: Palace Trolls

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've only been registered on here for a short while, I've lurked periodically over the years. I've used forums long enough to know the best course of action if you find a post which is obviously intended to cause a reaction, is don't read it! I've only been going to Albion games since 1968 but unless you've been on here since the invention of the internet, you'll get treated by SOME as a JCL. Oh yeah, also you've got to go to every game, home and away, stay until they lock the door, shout as loud as you can forever, be overly positive, be over pessimistic, when you type 'we're' you must not put ' in 'were'.....have I missed anything?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
People should grow a pair or give up supporting football if they can't handle a bit of winding up - on the Internet or otherwise.

I don't think that there has been much palace trolling since the st paddy's day massacre anyway. The palace fans that have remained can't be classed as trolls in the wake of that game; in fact they should be admired for continuing to post here, even if they are misguided pikey Nigels.

:thumbsup:
A backhanded compliment .

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I will accept that I am a pejoratively-termed "JCL" to North Stand Chat, yes, that is true. I hope the implication is not that I am a "JCL" fan of Brighton. Granted I've only been in the UK since 2006, but that is the year I went to my first match at the Withdean. I got tickets from the FDM. What a legend.

Oh and if you must, I'd prefer Dr JCL. Thanks. :D

You remind me of Mr Logic from Vis!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yes lots. Though I've not been to Iraq personally but I do know the guys who wrote the 2004 Iraq Survey Group report that detailed their proscribed weapons programmes. Half of my PhD looked at the Iraq programmes from inception through UNSCOM to OIF.

As long as yours wasn't the one they plagerised in order justify the invasion! Obviously the timelines mean it cannot be. Was unscom not rendered virtually useless when they discovered there were no WMD's in Iraq? I need educating.

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
I've only been registered on here for a short while, I've lurked periodically over the years. I've used forums long enough to know the best course of action if you find a post which is obviously intended to cause a reaction, is don't read it! I've only been going to Albion games since 1968 but unless you've been on here since the invention of the internet, you'll get treated by SOME as a JCL. Oh yeah, also you've got to go to every game, home and away, stay until they lock the door, shout as loud as you can forever, be overly positive, be over pessimistic, when you type 'we're' you must not put ' in 'were'.....have I missed anything?

I can appreciate this.

I really should have known better than to start a thread which was intended to get people to think critically about an issue the day before a big match with the old enemy.

More fool me. :(

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
^ Thanks for your erudite reply. I don't get bothered by it, I just don't understand the attraction of becoming a troll.

Hopefully the latter two things don't happen.

Go Flames!

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
As long as yours wasn't the one they plagerised in order justify the invasion! Obviously the timelines mean it cannot be. Was unscom not rendered virtually useless when they discovered there were no WMD's in Iraq? I need educating.

That was UNMOVIC (United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission) which was created to replace UNSCOM (United Nations Special Commission) in 1999. Within the community, UNMOVIC was not-so-kindly referred to as UNSCOM-light due to its apparent lack of teeth. Monitoring, verifying and inspecting is great, but is of little good if there is no enforcement. UNSCOM had this, UNMOVIC less so, or they were woefully unprepared to do much about it, which is why they were booted out of Iraq by Saddam's regime.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That was UNMOVIC (United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission) which was created to replace UNSCOM (United Nations Special Commission) in 1999. Within the community, UNMOVIC was not-so-kindly referred to as UNSCOM-light due to its apparent lack of teeth. Monitoring, verifying and inspecting is great, but is of little good if there is no enforcement. UNSCOM had this, UNMOVIC less so, or they were woefully unprepared to do much about it, which is why they were booted out of Iraq by Saddam's regime.

Never mind that cobblers, will you be on the pitch at the final whistle ?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

The dlights of beurocracy

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
i've only been registered on here for a short while, i've lurked periodically over the years. I've used forums long enough to know the best course of action if you find a post which is obviously intended to cause a reaction, is don't read it! I've only been going to albion games since 1968 but unless you've been on here since the invention of the internet, you'll get treated by some as a jcl. Oh yeah, also you've got to go to every game, home and away, stay until they lock the door, shout as loud as you can forever, be overly positive, be over pessimistic, when you type 'we're' you must not put ' in 'were'.....have i missed anything?

spelling !

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I guess I just don't get it. Not that it bothers me, but I like understanding certain social phenomena, but I guess I just have to accept that there are certain things that are inherently unknowable.

The reasons behind troling are unknowable to the extent that you are unable to see who is behind it. If you could see the troll, I'm sure you'd be able to have a good guess why they were doing it. Trolls are more likely to stop trolling if no-one responds to them, but on this forum, like many others, some people enjoy engaging with the trolls for a laugh. Hence part of the reason why they return time after time. As others have said, best ignore it if you don't like it - as I think you are currently doing.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I like the fact that anybody can come here. A bit like Brighton really.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I actually can't be bothered to read any of that

:lolol: the issue with the palace trolls, lets be honest it was mainly [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION], is they tend to bugger off when the going gets bad for them and aren't around to be on the recieving end of anything.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Dear NSC,

I often wonder why the good, decent Albion-supporting faithful on this forum engage with the idiot Palace wind-up merchants that come here to agitate, inflame and irritate? While I do acknowledge that fans of other clubs can provide a robust platform for debate, this rarely happens and in my albeit short time on NSC, all I have witnessed are slurs, insults and ad hominem attacks against the city,club and supporters of BHAFC. These (typically CPFC) posters have nothing to add to the discussions on NSC and are only here to wind people up. Why put up with it? People have come to NSC out of interest for their local club, to share thoughts, ideas, concerns, stories and for a general sense of community and not to be harassed by idiots from other clubs.

Fortunately there is a solution to this. These forums have within them the ability to block posts and comments from certain individuals. The Ignore User function is there for a purpose. My suggestion to NSC is to utilise it to the fullest extent. Trolls and posters of that ilk (CPFC) are looking for an audience. The best way to deal with them is to not give them the platform they are desperately seeking.

Granted that I am new to NSC, but I am unfortunately all-too familiar with the types to imbeciles that go on to opposition fan forums and hurl abuse. There are already a number of Palace "supporters" on my burgeoning Ignore User list. It is a cathartic process to remove any and all reference to them and their inane prattle. As a result, my experience on NSC has improved commensurately.

Just a thought experiment, nothing more, nothing less.

Yours truly,

Dr NBC

Pathetic post. This is the most popular football forum in the WORLD (1 of 848) via iPhone app tapatalk. & you have the chutzpah to suggest a change?
Please go away & set one up yourself Dr IGNORAMOUS

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You cannot ban the Palarse trolls , we wouldn't be able to indulge in Nigel baiting otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here