Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ooh Aah Cod-er-ner

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Wht did Codner come out of prison a much better player? Must have been summat to do with his focus.

That and he probably couldn't get any decent sniff inside.

I think Gullseye commented (Steve that was the fanzine at the time), that due to the reborn player that Bob the Cod Piece was, pre-season training should include a 3 week spell for the entire squad at HMP Lewes.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
We would have been unbeatable.

To be fair we were at the beginning of the following season. The problem was come September Kurt NonononononononononononoNOgan became Kurt NonononononononononononoNoGoals and David 'Junior' McDougall stopped looking like an inspired steal from El Cids and turned into the steaming pile of poo that Rotherham for some reason gave us £50k for.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
To be fair we were at the beginning of the following season. The problem was come September Kurt NonononononononononononoNOgan became Kurt NonononononononononononoNoGoals and David 'Junior' McDougall stopped looking like an inspired steal from El Cids and turned into the steaming pile of poo that Rotherham for some reason gave us £50k for.

This is true.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
David 'Junior' McDougall stopped looking like an inspired steal from El Cids and turned into the steaming pile of poo that Rotherham for some reason gave us £50k for.

I used to love that turn and shoot on the edge of the box he used to do like at Cambridge at Home.

f*** me he could teach a thing or two to our current lot starting with CKR. Who Magoo (for some reason) has been working with him in training with his back to goal....

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I used to love that turn and shoot on the edge of the box he used to do like at Cambridge at Home.

f*** me he could teach a thing or two to our current lot starting with CKR. Who Magoo (for some reason) has been working with him in training with his back to goal....

First goal at Wycombe in the Coca-Cola Cup (that is the Carling Cup now SS) was a beauty, but he turned into one of these players that used to run a lot, but never really looked up. Then Zeke Rowe appeared....

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I liked Codpiece, although at the time he sometimes seemed to have a pathological fear of passing forwards, and would look lazy at times.

My favouritist team:

-------------- Digweed -------------------

Crumplin Foster McCarthy Chappers

Robinson Codner Wilkins Walker

---- Small --------- Byrne ---------

Also would have Bisset in centre of defence.

And Lloyd chain smoking in the dugout.

Happy days

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Deano's Right Foot said:

Happy days indeed, what a team!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Deano's Right Foot said:
I liked Codpiece, although at the time he sometimes seemed to have a pathological fear of passing forwards, and would look lazy at times.

My favouritist team:

Also would have Bisset in centre of defence.

And Lloyd chain smoking in the dugout.

Happy days

The problem with that team was it never had a holding midfielder, quite a bit of creativity in the middle, but nobody protecting the defence.

Oh how things have changed.

No room for Chivers or Gatting in there and surely Keeley or Beeney in goal?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Then Zeke Rowe appeared....

And did the same thing :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Didnt really set Peterboro alight did he from what I recall...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
The problem with that team was it never had a holding midfielder, quite a bit of creativity in the middle, but nobody protecting the defence.

Oh how things have changed.

No room for Chivers or Gatting in there and surely Keeley or Beeney in goal?

Definitely Keelo. Digweed is too much like Henderson cant catch a ball. Just pushes it to opposition forwards feet like Digweed used to.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Sid James said:
Forget McDougall, what this team could do with Mike Small right now.

Mickey Small Mickey Small Mickey Small....

We we had Trolley for a bit

:p

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And did the same thing :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Didnt really set Peterboro alight did he from what I recall...

He really did disappear.

But then the following season we had Maskell and Baird and although slow (but not as slow as Moulden and Cotterill), they both had a reasonable idea of how to plant the round white thing into the big netty thing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
He really did disappear.

But then the following season we had Maskell and Baird and although slow (but not as slow as Moulden and Cotterill), they both had a reasonable idea of how to plant the round white thing into the big netty thing.

Whats that thing?

I see other teams putting a ball into the brighton net a lot but not the other way round, is this good?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
He really did disappear.

Paul Moulden and Cotterill what a great loan pairing they were!

Is that what you are supposed to do?? Having seen us lately I think we have forgotton that you have to do that to win games! Well I never.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Kinky Gerbils said:
Whats that thing?

I see other teams putting a ball into the brighton net a lot but not the other way round, is this good?

Apparantly yes. Its also good to win 1-0 for 80 mins as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here