Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ooh Aah Cod-er-ner

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Can't wait for the Albion race day on the 26th March now that Robert Codner is confirmed as a guest.

I'm going to hug him.

That is all.

:jester:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Stumpy Tim said:
To quote a man at the Goldstone during a minutes silence, "f*** off back to Barnet Codner"

that was hilarious , if I remember rightly it was more a question to Codner, he was truly sh* t sometimes

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He was extremely talented from what I remember. Mind you I thought all of the players were great when I was 12 or so.

I remember him getting called Pansy and fairy all the time, in the North stand.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Barry Fry said when he sold him to us that he would play for England one day!

On his day he was to top player with some fantastic skills, However he had more bad days than good. Against Millwall in the playoff semi final he was amazing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Fred Binney is going. A real legend.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Codner on his day was a great player and I would love to see him in the side now.

He once scored 10+ goals from midfield in one season. We havent had anyone come close since :nono:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Codner on his day was a great player and I would love to see him in the side now.

He once scored 10+ goals from midfield in one season. We havent had anyone come close since :nono:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

What a refreshing change to totally agree with you, especially the thought of him in todays side. Hammond tries his heart out but that boy was SILKY.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

When he came out of Lewes nick in the 93/94 season he suddenly seemed to have sorted himself out, went through a real purple patch of scoring. Shame he did not carry it on, in the end he got replaced by Minton, who although more consistent was never as good as Bob the Cod could be on his day. A midfield of Captain Cod Piece, Wendy, Rucka and Flash, oh the joy.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I remember one night he (whilst on bail I think!) captained the side in a 0-0 draw against Bradford who were at the top end of the table. Really put some power into his team that night and did a great job.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Uncle Buck said:
Memories of going to Plymouth, I think in about December 1994. Their keeper did not get his clearance correct, ball fell to Codner, who about 45 yards out put it in the onion bag.
I remember that as well. I think we had lost the previous 9 away matches but somehow beat Plymouth 3-0. Codner was absolutely everywhere that day. I think Akinbiyi also played for us then. In the last five minutes or so we had what lokoed a perfectly good goal disallowed which would have made it 4. The bloke standing next to me showed me a betting slip where he'd put money on us to win 4-0 at outrageously long odds. He looked like he was about to weep. Was that you?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Spiros said:
I remember that as well. I think we had lost the previous 9 away matches but somehow beat Plymouth 3-0. Codner was absolutely everywhere that day. I think Akinbiyi also played for us then. In the last five minutes or so we had what lokoed a perfectly good goal disallowed which would have made it 4. The bloke standing next to me showed me a betting slip where he'd put money on us to win 4-0 at outrageously long odds. He looked like he was about to weep. Was that you?

Akinbyi got his first for the club that day and did somersaults in front of the away end.

It was not me that had us at 4-0, was probably too young to bet in 1994!!!

I also remember that we got kept in after the game as the Janners were waiting outside for us. There must have been 150 of us at a push and they marched us round the ground and let us out at the other end. Well they let us all out, other than Cardinal Canning who had got locked in the bogs!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wht did Codner come out of prison a much better player? Must have been summat to do with his focus.

That and he probably couldn't get any decent sniff inside.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here