Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Only Connect

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
It is easier but enables me to say, tonight, I got 4 questions right.

I got doughnuts, and the lines of latitude (on the first clue Arctic Circle) plus two of the anagrams.

Myself and mrs DTH are avid watchers. We also do our own little competition which involves guessing the hieroglyph that the first team up will go for (sad i know but we enjoy it).The red herrings in the wall section can be very frustrating but we are both getting good at the missing vowels ( i am guessing that is what you meant by anagrams?).
I am surprised no one on here has yet mentioned the team from Brighton that called themselves Seagulls or am i going doolally and that was another quiz?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Myself and mrs DTH are avid watchers. We also do our own little competition which involves guessing the hieroglyph that the first team up will go for (sad i know but we enjoy it).The red herrings in the wall section can be very frustrating but we are both getting good at the missing vowels ( i am guessing that is what you meant by anagrams?).
I am surprised no one on here has yet mentioned the team from Brighton that called themselves Seagulls or am i going doolally and that was another quiz?

I thought that was another quiz but not sure myself. Yes, it was the missing vowels, which were very easy last night.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

I think they were on a few weeks ago on Only Connect.

I love OC , great combination of high and low brow questions. I'm attempting to get a team together but fear being that close to Coren-Mitchell would prevent me from consideration concentrating much on the questions

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004

Yes that was Only Connect. They were all teachers, who happened to live in Brighton. They didn't express any connection with or admiration for the mighty Brighon and Hove Albion.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
My favourite on BBC too. And I get some right. Particularly the wall and sometimes the music questions. Mrs Earle is good at the missing vowels round, but professes not to like the show!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I got 12 questions right on mastermind …the winners questions!

got first question right on only connect. But that is it so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here