Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only about half our games were on saturday at 3pm

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just thought it might be quite good to hear what other clubs fans think....and was there any need for your coment? as it was not about the subject matter, but more about your skills as a keyboard hard nut!!

Me a keyboard hard nut ? Way off the mark there. Just uninterested in why Sussex based Palace fans don't go to see their non-local team.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The OP's point was that the club should try to be better organised, with those dates - I.e. inform the league we can't have home games scheduled for those weekends, so we don't end up shifting them to Friday night / Sunday evening.

With the nightmare the fixtures team/computer have it wouldn't surprise me if each club can only make a small number of fixture requests, one of which last year was obviously the first game.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Even if they didn't know about the University problem for the Hull game, I would have thought bonfire night at Lewes may just have been flagged up as 'problematic' at an early stage?

5th November is on a Monday this year, don't know how Lewes organise their celebrations, is it always on the 5th or the nearest Saturday night? In which case hopefully the club might think to request that 3rd November is an away game

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Me a keyboard hard nut ? Way off the mark there. Just uninterested in why Sussex based Palace fans don't go to see their non-local team.

Fair enough...BTW for me Palace are my local team in miles (I go to all home games) and also when growing up it was easier to see Palace by bus than getting to Brighton. Firstly I am a football fan, then a Palace fan so I may come on these boards for football reasons and not just about Palace or Brighton, which in this matter was the case!

You all joke about the Palace crowds but this is a big issue I think, This season Palace played 54 games with 22 being Midweek (or not Sat) with 14 of those at home!! we all like the midweek games under lights and all that, but driving to South Norwood on a wet Tuesday evening after a day at work is pretty bleak, not only that, you cant take the kids as getting home after 11 is a no no on a school night.

This must, and or will effect BHA as getting the train at 5 on Sat is good fun, getting a train at 10 is not!!

This season, it seems that more and more games have been midweek and TBH it puts me off.

Surely it is just "driving to South Norwood is bleak", no further qualification required?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Firstly I am a football fan, then a Palace fan so I may come on these boards for football reasons and not just about Palace or Brighton, which in this matter was the case!

Well I don't understand being a football fan then a Palace fan. Why have the advantage of living in Sussex and not support the team of Sussex ? Still we are all different.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I travel down from North London, and I love a home Sat 3pm kick off. If it's later, or on a week day I can barely go. :(

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I love a Saturday afternoon game but I think I prefer the mid week games. There is nothing better to get you through a day then the thought of going to the Amex.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
We were best at 3pm kick offs - I wish all had been, looking at the form. We obviously did not like the late kick offs at home - except in the cups.

League home games:
3pm kick offs P14 W10 D3 L1 Av'ge points per game=2.36
Later kick offs P9 W1 D5 L3 Av'ge points per game=0.89

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
5th November is on a Monday this year, don't know how Lewes organise their celebrations, is it always on the 5th or the nearest Saturday night? In which case hopefully the club might think to request that 3rd November is an away game

Lewes bonfire night is on November 5th unless that falls on a Sunday, in which case it moves to Saturday. I think. There are probably plenty of actual Lewes folk on here who will correct me if I'm wrong.

But the general point is that it follows the 5th, rather than being on the nearest Saturday, so won't be a problem this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here