Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only a rumour

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
We never find out how often he disagrees with his civil servants. The department makes one decision, and that's the decision that's made.

I'll make myself clear... if the civil servants come to him with a letter saying "no" to Falmer and he disagrees, he'll ask them to write one that says "yes". And then he'll sign it.

But that would take ages, because the civil servants will also be instructed to do their best to make sure their decision is within the law and can't be challenged by judicial review.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Braders7 said:
:glare: i refuse to believe anything

saying that my fridge is now filled with eggs so.....

make your mind up prescott

Better that you leave the eggs out of the fridge-preferably in a warm, sunny location to ensure they are at their foulest and stinkiest:eek:

Not that you should need them mind-unless you feel like pelting villagers for all the grief they've caused us!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Oh for crying out loud.

NOW LISTEN TO THIS:

The Labour party has nothing to do with the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. John Prescott has two jobs (as well as two Jags): he is Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State for the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister; and also the deputy leader of the Labour party.

He doesn't do both jobs at the same time. So there is no chance whatsoever that the civil servants who write the decision letter will be thinking of the timing or location of any of the party conferences. They work for Her Britannic Majesty Elizabeth II and not for anyone else.

All John Prescott will do is sign a letter saying either that he agrees or disagrees with their decision. He can't make them make the decision.

Clear now, ratfans?

He may not make the decision, he may not even be able to make them make the decision but we do know that he'll be making one hell of a mess in his underwear if some chinless civil servant hands him a "No" that he has to convey to 60,000 + football fans. Especially if he has to make that type of announcement before their conference.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bwian said:
Better that you leave the eggs out of the fridge-preferably in a warm, sunny location to ensure they are at their foulest and stinkiest:eek:

Not that you should need them mind-unless you feel like pelting villagers for all the grief they've caused us!
:lolol: what did you think i was gonna use them for

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
But that would take ages, because the civil servants will also be instructed to do their best to make sure their decision is within the law and can't be challenged by judicial review.

Exactly. Which is why the delay is nothing to worry about at all. We've had this discussion a few times before, but the longer this goes on, the better IMHO.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bwian said:
He may not make the decision, he may not even be able to make them make the decision but we do know that he'll be making one hell of a mess in his underwear if some chinless civil servant hands him a "No" that he has to convey to 60,000 + football fans. Especially if he has to make that type of announcement before their conference.

John Prescott does get personally involved in the planning decisions.
I know for a fact that he has visited the old Sunblest Bakery site to give permission for Woodingdean Baptist church to build a new building there.
They were turned down by Brighton council because they were told it was for commercial use only.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Has JP visited the Falmer site?... I wish he would do... he would see and hear the A27, etc... and definitely want to say "Yes"... however, I seem to recall someone saying that he wasn't allowed?... if so, why not?... he should be making an informed decision...

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
b.w.2. said:
Has JP visited the Falmer site?... I wish he would do... he would see and hear the A27, etc... and definitely want to say "Yes"... however, I seem to recall someone saying that he wasn't allowed?... if so, why not?... he should be making an informed decision...

he would probably have passed it to get to the Sunblest site.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Hold on, let me flip my coin.

heads = Falmer = Yes
tails = Falmer = No

Here goes.......................................

HEADS - Falmer is a YES - it's official - you heard it here first !

(well, it's just as plausable as many other theories that we've had this year!)

Titanic said:
That would be such a shock :eek: A leak, from a government department run by New Labour :eek: Never ! :nono:

Ah, but the question is authorised or unauthorised, isn't it?

Anyway, sounds like bollocks to me. Not that I am 100% certain we have the decision, of course, just that this is not a rumour-source I am particularly confident about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here