Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 500 at Notts County?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just read Harty's bit in The Argus, he reckons there was only 500 of us there on Saturday, to me it seemed double that, or was I just pissed ?:drink:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Boolocks. There was not 4,500 County fans there. That is a load of shit.

They average between 4,100 and 4,300.

Hartlepool game got 5,011 and our game got 5,041.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
500 is what Andrew Hawes suggested on the radio.

Norman Gall then responded, saying that in his opinion football crowds are not what they used to be, that far fewer people go to away games and don't sing as much, that players today are all wusses who go down at every opportunity, that his contemporaries would have sustained a broken leg, shrapnel wounds and shell shock and still turned out for the second half, that footballs should be returned to the old brain-damage-inflicting brown leather variety, that teams should be made to play on muddy old swamp pitches like they had in the Sixties, and that all referees are idiots who are intent on turning the game into netball for girls.

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
Desert Orchid said:
Just spoken to Notts County. There were officially 1,045 Albion fans at the match on Saturday, so I assume Harty will claim he was (almost) half right ;)
And give the correct figure in his column next week, in tribute to the best away fans in the division by far

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Herne Hill Seagull said:
f***ing hell that's a good turnout, considering our form, the alternative attractions on offer and the distance. :clap:

And the fact that a couple of determined Seagulls fans were very poorly last Saturday sitting at home sulking because they couldn't go :rolleyes:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
nice to know that we turned up in numbers coz that can only help them.
:clap:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I often wonder about the away attendances that are quoted, including the "official" ones listed in the Albion programme. Maybe I'm just not great at estimating the size of a crowd, but to read that there were only about 400 of us at Middlesbrough left me quite confused. Or maybe that's just because 400 of us managed to outsing 10,000 Smoggies for 120 minutes.

"Nice ground, shit fans..."

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Apologies to all. Will rectify it on the wireless this week, no excuse I know but I felt like shit with a cold/flu and was pissed off because despite the fact that Notts County are in danger of going out of business some no mark in a peaked cap stopped me and Sir Norman Gall from going into their lounge and spending money on two lunches because we had jeans on!
Hawsey forgot to tell us about the dress code, but then again he looks like Worzel Gummidge/Osama Bin Laden every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here