Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 375 1901 Club Places remaining. Out of 2000

D

Deleted User X18H

Phenomenal take up really.

I just wonder what the attendance on a wet Tuesday in January will be?

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
It's a good sign, for sure, but the real question is, how many regular STH will we get. I just hope they get the pricing right!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good news.

But I do worry the club is getting into bed a little too quickly with Johnny-come-lately business types who see Falmer as a networking opportunity not a football cathedral.

Hopefully there will still be some PUKKA main stand seats left for the fans.

D

Deleted User X18H

It's a good sign, for sure, but the real question is, how many regular STH will we get. I just hope they get the pricing right!

I'd guess 10,000 at comparable Withdean rates first season. Then who knows after a little success, I can see quite a hike to be honest.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good news.

But I do worry the club is getting into bed a little too quickly with Johnny-come-lately business types who see Falmer as a networking opportunity not a football cathedral.

Of those 2000 seats I think you'll find a very healthy balance of real fans vs the Johnny Come Latelys. Remember, the 1901 Club seats were on sale to existing fans, sponsors and Withdean hospitality regulars long before they went on sale to the general business world. Those were people & businesses who have demonstrated their loyalty to the club year in, year out, at Withdean, you don't get much more loyal than that.

I know there has been some anecdotal comments that some people who have never been to Withdean have bought 1901 Membership, that may be so, but I doubt there are more than a handful, the bulk of them have been bought by existing supporters.

I don't know what the main stand holds, but 2000 will never be the majority. I think people should stop worrying about how many people there are in the 1901 Club seats and start working on their neighbours and friends who've boycotted the Withdean years, those who haven't been to Withdean, those who have given up on the club due to past circumstances, those who profess their support for the Albion, but for whatever reason haven't been to see them before, those that are too young to remember the Albion in a real stadium. They are the people the club needs to be buying tickets for next season, to fill our wonderful Cathedral at Falmer.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Totally agree with Phil, I get so fed up with some fans who have a go at the 1901 club members, who mainly are fans that can afford a bit of class after years of getting wet and cold at Withdean. If they want to discuss some business before, half time or after whilst giving and supporting the Albion, then what's the issue. My son and I have brought Gold seats, but I am not doing it for business reasons, just doing as I love to watch my football team in a bloody nice stadium and if that helps the Albion with some cash to move forward, then its a win win situation.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The 1901 buyers are alright by me. Thay have put their cash up front early and helped to provide an early feel-good factor to the Amex story. It is not impossible to imagine the circumstance where the reports are more "white elephant".

And anyone who buys tickets for the Albion - even for Falmer are not glory-hunters.

Cromwell Road Gull

Jul 2, 2008
Of those 2000 seats I think you'll find a very healthy balance of real fans vs the Johnny Come Latelys. Remember, the 1901 Club seats were on sale to existing fans, sponsors and Withdean hospitality regulars long before they went on sale to the general business world. Those were people & businesses who have demonstrated their loyalty to the club year in, year out, at Withdean, you don't get much more loyal than that.

I know there has been some anecdotal comments that some people who have never been to Withdean have bought 1901 Membership, that may be so, but I doubt there are more than a handful, the bulk of them have been bought by existing supporters.

I don't know what the main stand holds, but 2000 will never be the majority. I think people should stop worrying about how many people there are in the 1901 Club seats and start working on their neighbours and friends who've boycotted the Withdean years, those who haven't been to Withdean, those who have given up on the club due to past circumstances, those who profess their support for the Albion, but for whatever reason haven't been to see them before, those that are too young to remember the Albion in a real stadium. They are the people the club needs to be buying tickets for next season, to fill our wonderful Cathedral at Falmer.

Im not fussed either way as the club need the money any way they can get it but people i know personally that have purchased 15 seats between them fit into the catergory " Jonnie Come lately"

I know none of them have been to Withdean for years but having a platinum seat has become the must have thing for those who can afford it. Some have bought them for clients to use etc so potentially not going to be used for "real fans" but lets be honest this will help keep prices down for STH's

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well I know a number of people in the 1901 who have been STHs at Withdean since the start and watching the Albion for years. :thumbsup:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I have gone for the Platinum seat, not because I am loaded, but because i had the money to pay the upfront fee now and the rest os about the price of a London gym membership. What would I rather do witht he money? No contest.

I stood in the North Stand for years, I have been to Rochdale on a Tueaday night, I bought my Hereford ticket long before it was even an issue. not looking for a medal, although one would be nice, but the I would count myself as a real fan and I hope there will be plenty there with me too. Sounds like there will. Let's hope we're the loudest posh seats in the league!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Good news.

I can agree on this in some respects. I have been invited twice now to corporate hospitality at MK Dons when they where playing us. As much as I appreciate it, the place and atmosphere is completely dead and moody. It feels so weird having a posh meal, which is not that posh by the way, and then sitting out to watch the football, it does not feel right. We already know MK Dons support as a whole is strange anyway, with 50% supporting premiership clubs and best lines they can come up with is Gay Boys and Faggotts.

I don't think it would be a souless experience at Falmer regardless of business types. We have thousands of real supporters who have been through thick and thin, they don't get sucked in because the stadium has a KFC, Mcdonalds, Hotel and play Guitar Hero on the large screen at half time. MK Dons is more like a theme park than a real football club. We are a real football club at Brighton. My grandad supported them, my dad supported them, I support them.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

In the current financial climate I cant see many businesses who, a couple of years ago might do it for the prestigue, would have spare cash at the moment, only the businesses who want to support the club.

My only concern is we dont get the "Wembley" factor of rows of empty seats either side of half time on the occasions when TV cameras are at the ground

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Good news.

Nothing to worry about.

The vast majority, as has been mentioned, have gone to exisiting, long-term season ticket holders who have a few more quid.

Fair play to each and every one of them.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
My worry is that I'll want to take my son(s) along occasionally. So I'll get a season ticket, but what to do if I want to take them along from time to time, bearing in mind he's only two at the moment.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
In the current financial climate I cant see many businesses who, a couple of years ago might do it for the prestigue, would have spare cash at the moment, only the businesses who want to support the club.

My only concern is we dont get the "Wembley" factor of rows of empty seats either side of half time on the occasions when TV cameras are at the ground

I believe that the TV cameras will be in the West Stand same as 1901 club seats.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My worry is that I'll want to take my son(s) along occasionally. So I'll get a season ticket, but what to do if I want to take them along from time to time, bearing in mind he's only two at the moment.

I assume Season tickets under 10 will be cheap to "add on" to your season, like they are at Withdean, where additional family members are only £16 on top of an adult fare

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here