Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 312 Albion fans at Grimsby

Dandyman

In London village.
fatbadger said:
I hope there will be a good crowd at Stockport - my first game for several weeks (nothing nearby of late). There will be a good BHAlba contingent, so that'll boost numbers, a bit...

FB, have a word with Skint1983. I've sent him a suggestion for a meet up. :drink:

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I will go to Bristol City this year, but as far as I am concerned that is it. I am not paying good money to see the sort of crap being served up.

I have only missed a handful of away games in the last 10 years and this is the first time I have felt like this.

Agree with DTG on this, ever since the penalty was scored by Luton Iv had a big downer on this season, and even if it wasnt miles away in Grimsby, I probably wouldnt have gone as watching the Albion isnt what it used to be at the moment.

And its not like the supporters arent helping the players anymore, wev lost 9 games away this season, and the support has been excellent in all the games Iv been to, its about time they started giving something back in my opinion!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
It was 316, as there were 4 of us in the Stand, trying not to make it too obvious shouting 'youre a ****' at their goalie !!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The way we're playing at the moment and the prospect of any investment in the team = zero. It won't be long before our home gates are of a similar size!

God I sound like FG now!

But not as bad as Dave yet ;)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Talking to some of their fans after the game they thought we should have done more Albion and less Falmer chanting. Lets face it, Prescott is unlikely to hear the "Stand up if you want Falmer" singing from Blundell Park when he was playing golf in Surrey last Saturday afternoon.

The football has become a sideshow to the main event at present

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Uncle Buck said:
However one thing on Saturday was, we got no ticket stub and if we end up with a scramble for tickets similar to the last game of last season, I do think people that went to games like Grimsby and Lincoln away should be at the front of the queue for them.

Getting a stub would make naff all difference. The club have demonstrated time and again that loyalty (as defined by the number of games you go to in a season) makes absolutely no difference at all whan it comes to handing out tickets. Apparently it is far more important to be seen to be giving everyone the same opportunity to get one.
Please don't get me started on ticket allocations - I'm a nice relaxed person until this subject comes up. :angry:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
No offence intended, but the singing could not be heard in the main stand from either sets of fans, just a vague mumbling.

Worst atmosphere at an away game for years I thought

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Inkerman said:
Getting a stub would make naff all difference. The club have demonstrated time and again that loyalty (as defined by the number of games you go to in a season) makes absolutely no difference at all whan it comes to handing out tickets. Apparently it is far more important to be seen to be giving everyone the same opportunity to get one.
Please don't get me started on ticket allocations - I'm a nice relaxed person until this subject comes up. :angry:

If you want to get on to loyalty and tickets, try following England. The FA have taught the Albion everything they know on ballets and not taking into account previous loyalty...

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Uncle Buck said:
If you want to get on to loyalty and tickets, try following England. The FA have taught the Albion everything they know on ballets and not taking into account previous loyalty...

Yes I've heard all about that - but it's not the benchmark that we want the Albion to use is it?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Inkerman said:
Yes I've heard all about that - but it's not the benchmark that we want the Albion to use is it?

Well I hope not and yet prior to Euro 2000 the FA had a very fair system in place. Lets put it like this I went to Japan for the all 5 England games, but under the current system I am not guaranteed tickets for this summer. They have balloted every match in this campaign (not helped by the fact that they did not take tickets for 2 away games) and not taken past loyalty into account. However the plus side is I am not as bothered about going and so might save a few pennies.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
[BThe FA have taught the Albion everything they know on ballets and not taking into account previous loyalty... [/B]

I take it that was the nutcracker, and could be the reason Leon is so graceful in twists and turns before he plummets to the ground?!

wHEN WE DOING CRAP IN THE 3RD WE USED TO GET MORE THAN THAT AWAY TO STUNNING PLACES SUCH AS HARTLEPOOL,,,,,

Perhaps the novelty of us not constantlty playing good football and winning is affecting the fair weather fan

LC:nono:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Calling said:
wHEN WE DOING CRAP IN THE 3RD WE USED TO GET MORE THAN THAT AWAY TO STUNNING PLACES SUCH AS HARTLEPOOL,,,,,

Perhaps the novelty of us not constantlty playing good football and winning is affecting the fair weather fan

LC:nono:

I think there is probably some truth in that and the fact that people have been to some of these grounds a number of times now, also the trains were not cheap on Saturday. Would not be surprised to see a decent turnout at Stockport, we have not played them for 8 or 9 years and so for a number of people it will be a new ground.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
When you follow the Albion from the frozen north (been in North East and Scotland for past 14 years) getting to any games is a trek – except for Hartlepool and Carlisle!!!
First thing I do every season is look at the fixture list and draw an imaginary 200 mile circle from home and then work out the games I can definitely get to. Then after that budget for others which are further away.
Last season in Div 1 was murder with Huddersfield, Preston and Grimsby being the most northerly games!
I guess it must be similar for a lot of Albion ex-pats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here