Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I prefer to get back to my local with the people I came to the match with. I can see why people like spending time there but for me it's a place to watch football, we do have a pint there sometimes if it's a win and the atmosphere is good. It's just not my preference, it's not really up for discussion.

So your posting to moan about something you never used and have no interest in using. It's not up for discussion but you post anyway. Top work.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I still cannot believe that they have done this.
£250 for entrance into a bar although you get a programe is absolutely ridiculous.
It is becoming too corporate for me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So your posting to moan about something you never used and have no interest in using. It's not up for discussion but you post anyway. Top work.

I know, it's a mad world. I wouldn't get yourself too het up about my matchday routine. After all, it has zero effect on your life.

Park & Ride from the Racecourse seems to be an option.
Ignoring the fact that not everyone can drive to the Racecourse ...

Are there are going to be enough buses to provide that service? When SASTA are hiring every bus they can get their hands on to replace the train journeys they have cancelled? And Brighton & Hove Buses are so short of drivers that they are having to hire in other companies to provide some of the services that they have advertised as being available to their customers?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Ignoring the fact that not everyone can drive to the Racecourse ...

Are there are going to be enough buses to provide that service? When SASTA are hiring every bus they can get their hands on to replace the train journeys they have cancelled? And Brighton & Hove Buses are so short of drivers that they are having to hire in other companies to provide some of the services that they have advertised as being available to their customers?

IMO the club should be focused on getting punters to and from the ground on match days as a top priority. Fannying around with anything else is a bit daft. Get some BHA buses on. If we all drive nobody is going to drink anything. Probably a bit off topic but it's what seems urgent to me.

All we need are some typical SASTA performances on match night and a lot of people will say sod this.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I am a regular in seven stars. I am also 1901 club. I am 1901 because my son is wheelchair disabled, and in first season the position of disabled seats was rubbish. The elevated east stand has since improved it, but the cold is also a problem, so we watch our football from West Stand 1901. However, we meet up in 7 stars with friends from other stands etc before the game because my son is 17, and we cant use Dicks Bar.

Why is it free for over 18's to use Dicks and £250 for under 18's to use 7 stars? Just seems wrong all round

Lush

Mods' Pet
Compared to a chilly concourse the Seven Stars is an oasis for supporters with kids. It's also not very big. I imagine there are queues to get in. Maybe even before it opens? It wouldnt take many large groups for it to be full. Perhaps it's just the club having a rethink and deciding to make it more of a lounge facility.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
With the 5 years having ended on the original 1901 membership I'm sure there will be some people who haven't renewed and are thinking they could save over £1,000 per season by not being in a lounge but instead a nice warm bar without any queues and then the option of joining supporters in a more exciting area of the ground for the match before a return to the nice lounge area afterwards.

If you were 1901 and don't dine then this is a cheaper option that potentially adds a better match experience to your day.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
With the 5 years having ended on the original 1901 membership I'm sure there will be some people who haven't renewed and are thinking they could save over £1,000 per season by not being in a lounge but instead a nice warm bar without any queues and then the option of joining supporters in a more exciting area of the ground for the match before a return to the nice lounge area afterwards.

If you were 1901 and don't dine then this is a cheaper option that potentially adds a better match experience to your day.
Your maths is shot. I will pay £1200 for my 1901 this year. £250 for lounge + season ticket is nowhere near £1000 saving. Not even close. Factor in over 90% renewal and that will be the premier league chasers gone. No cup games. No coffee. No premium seats. Few 1901 people bring kids which is a requirement.

There is zero justification for this charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Wow, what an unbelievable own goal. Massive PR error that surely needs a rethink?!

I'm sure even the excellent, and usually, unflappable Paul Barber would have difficulty justifying this?

This, charging £250 to get in a bar that is otherwise free is a joke. Are they gonna throw people out when they are at capacity at 1.30 to let people in that have been crazy enough to pay £250. I occasionally take my kids in the bar, but if we can no longer get in, I'll stop arriving early and go for a beer in a pub instead. A lot less convienient but a matter of principle.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Finally, if it needed confirmation, the lunatics are finally running the asylum.

FFS - this idea is the most ludicrous of all 20 years I've supported the albion.

Is there nobody with an ounce of f*******g common sense overseeing this sh*t.

Sort it out NOW

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
There will be supporters who will pay it. Sadly it is market forces not supporters opinions that tend to prevail in circumstances such as this.

The Seven Stars is okay, but £250 pp is an absolute joke.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Unbelievable that people are attempting to justify this.. it's completely ****ing ludicrous.

Anyone that pays that needs locking up in a padded cell with a straitjacket and a complimentary ****ing lobotomy.

Maybe we are being tested?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here