Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

online petition against the league name changes?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
might be a good idea to use the same petition thing as we did for Falmer, might show the league what REAL fans think about the crap change, anyone know how or wanna set it up? we could then spread the word to other messageboards in no time!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
how will a name change give us money? new sponsorship does that in the form of coca-cola - this is just the football league f***ing around with names and making it bloody stupid!

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
For f***'s sake! Who cares, is it really worth wasting your time doing a petition about this? It's only a name, and I agree that it could raise the profile a bit, how can it possibly do any damage?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Multi-national corporations like Coca-COla are more powerful than most GOVERNMENTS these days! Save your energy for more important issues and ones that you have the teensiest chance of winning.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bah you lot have no sense of fun :jester:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Deano's Right Foot said:
Multi-national corporations like Coca-COla are more powerful than most GOVERNMENTS these days! Save your energy for more important issues and ones that you have the teensiest chance of winning.

why does everything have to revert back to politics. its just a laugh and you never know may do something.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
caz99 said:
why does everything have to revert back to politics. its just a laugh and you never know may do something.

Fair point. I guess I'm too cynical and I don't really rate your chances of doing anything. But I'm in favour of most things if it's a laugh (except the person on here who said he voted BNP "for a laugh" - Doh! there I go again... :dunce: )

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I did'nt think up the idea to start anything or to get it changed back 'cos that would never happen, just show the football league what footy fans think of the name change. A large majority on here think its shit as do many fans of other clubs on other messageboards, therefore it probably would've got a huge response....probably!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It'll make no difference, the reason being that Brian Mahwinny is a sad old turd who hasn't got a clue, and Coca Cola don't give a toss for real fans - they are more concerned about what it sounds like when the league results are announced over the TV/radio and if they think the name change will add some glamour then that is what they'll do. Most people with a passing interest in football will not care, and I'm not talking about us die hard fans, I'm talking about the 20,000 or so (who will be needed for Falmer, make no mistake) who didn't realise that the Tom Hark song was played at the end of the match at Cardiff for a reason and that we were supposed to sing "we want Falmer" to it.

i.e. A healthy passing interest in football (and the Albion) but couldn't give a toss about such "trivialities".

P.S. It is still a totally WANK name change though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here