Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online dating

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I think it depends what your idea of success is! One of my friends met and married via online dating but for some that may not be success! It really does seem to be the way to meet people these days. I think you have to be selective as to what sites you go to. Personally scares the hell out of me so cant speak from personal experience but good luck!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would imagine not believing the age or photo or gender of anyone you're talking to. Be suspicious and don't give out your bank details to anyone, even if they claim they can do a magic trick with them or work as a teller and have an amazing memory for numbers.
Maybe it's best to not hope too much and just have a good, chilled laugh with some people you might end up meeting, just like you would on any website. People are not always what they seem, but then they're just as likely to be better than they make out as they are to be worse.

I sort of separated a marriage in America with some online chatting on a messageboard unrelated to either football or international rutting. I didn't realise this woman had an excessive soft spot for me and even her visit to London didn't lead me to believe she wanted some Meade. I should've guessed really or not been so naive. I was only 25, as was she, and in the earlier days of the internet when this all seemed so strange and radical. Looking back, which i am not too prone to do, i should have probably slept with her considering she spent a thousand dollars and flew all the way here just to meet me. Not that my sessions are worthy of any more than about £2.86 at best, but just that she shouldn't have gone home empty-handed (i wanted to say empty-vagged, but it seemed uncouth) and had a husband to split up with when she did. The meaning of this story is beyond me. The American woman was nice and very petite, but i just didn't feel what she felt, my eyes roaming and concentrating elsewhere. So maybe i really learnt that just because someone likes you doesn't mean they're right for you or that you'd want them back.

Anyway, best of luck and ignore the teasers.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
[MENTION=20018]oldalbiongirl[/MENTION] Well just actually meeting someone would be nice! I am 33yrs old and in the Armed forces, the later being like some kind of anti-girl shield. Anyway thanks for the luck...i think i need it! :)

Last edited:

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
There's actually a site called uniform dating - i'm sure that there are in fact lots of ladies who'd like to meet a serving soldier ! I've been on match.com for a while, met quite a few nice women, but sadly, no-one where there's been that magic spark. just keep trying, keep looking, meet as many as you can, but don't have unrealistic expectations !

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I think you need to try and be confident too. If you think your job is a shield, it will be. Gawd I sound like an agony aunt. Dear OAG .... :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=20018]oldalbiongirl[/MENTION] Well just actually meeting someone would be nice! I am 33yrs old and in the Armed forces, the later being like some kind of anti-girl shield. Anyway thanks for the luck...i think i need it! :)

What are you like with police women? :wink: :lol:

Jul 20, 2003
I've tried it ... they were only interested in my body ... which is quite frankly ridiculous

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You might want to ask [MENTION=23503]smoke grenade[/MENTION] he's posted about a couple of classic encounters

My advice, be prepared for dissapointment and don't (initially) take anything at face value. My limited experience some years ago was there were those always on the hunt for better (so had several on go at one time) or those that couldn't get anything at all and wouldn't be shaken off. Don't set expectations too high and you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Online dating is the way to go, I know of countless long and happy relationships that have resulted from dating sites. My other half's brother came out of a long term relationship a couple of months ago, was single for about 48hrs before online dating set him up with the fillie of his dreams and they're crazy about each other, moving in together etc.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Free site is 'Tagged',not a specificly a dating site...more like Facebook but more in it...I get inquiries from all over the world,even at my age...
which you can sift through and contact those who interest you...you get the odd scammer...As soon as they say 'I need help...delete button comes into play....you will also get hundreds of Philippinno girls,most of them beautiful...but most want marriage,I've put 'UK residents only' on mine,have met a couple of nice women...made it clear from the start that I do not want marriage...making a visit in June for a weekend away....

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
My daughter aged 27 has tried it off and on. There have been a couple of dates with guys who were unsuitable and where there was no interest. She has now struck up a relationship with a partner in a firm of local solicitors. I was offered a ticket for the Birmingham game but had to refuse it as I was meeting him for the first time for lunch. He was a really nice guy and they are getting on really well.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
OK second time i have tried this. Has anyone had any success? *waits for stupid comments*.

Any good hints and tips, success stories etc.. *waits for stupid comments*.

been with my gf for 4 years got her off the internet - fit and intelligent if not a little mental - but i reckon that has nothing to do with getting her of the internet - think thats just women. She even goes to the Albion now..... go for it!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I met my fiancée on match.com

My advice would be to be absolutely genuine and honest online (as the vast majority of men are not) and to try and be a bit different with your profile page.

Everybody writes that they are fun loving, enjoys spending time with friends and family etc. who doesn't FFS.

Try and use a bit of comedy and most of all remain confident and don't give up. My fiancée said she was contacted by loads of blokes on match.com (I think most online dating sites are a bit of a cock fest) and the majority were just looking for a shag. If you are genuine and a bit different from the herd it will work for you.

You might also want to try eharmony.com My friend uses it and says that whilst it can take longer to meet people the matches are normally excellent.

Also if you want to meet women whilst out and about and lack confidence read "The Game". That book is unreal and it works.

Good luck mate.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
i went on plentyoffish.com for 6 months went on loads of dates then i meet mrs right weve been together for 2 years and getting married in September

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
:needpics:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here