Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ones that got away

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Actually Albion history teaches us that Baz got £60,000 more than the club were prepared to let Saunders walk out the door for.
Just to clear this up for the umpeth time, the Banks sold Saunders. The club was in the shit, and the bank (barclays I think) told them to sell someone to raise cash, Oxford got wind of it, and put in a stupid bid for Saunders, and to their amazement, Brighton accepted it, but it was only accepted because the banks had the Albion by the bollocks back then, nd they told us too...

Mr Apples

Jack Scrumpy
Aug 9, 2007
In The Orchard
From memory the Peruvians were Juan Carlos Oblitas who was a winger and Percy Rojas who was a midfielder.

Oblitas had been in Peru's 1978 World Cup squad and done well. I think Rojas came as part of the deal if we wanted Oblitas

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
From memory the Peruvians were Juan Carlos Oblitas who was a winger and Percy Rojas who was a midfielder.

Oblitas had been in Peru's 1978 World Cup squad and done well. I think Rojas came as part of the deal if we wanted Oblitas

At least we got Moshe Gariani and Jacob Cohen!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone remember in 1990 after the world cup we were supposed to get the Cameroon captain Stephen Tataw?
I think lloyd arranged a trial and he didn't turn up. I remember hearing about it on the Seagull Line.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Arsenal wanted £75k for Keown but we didnt have the money at the time.

the two Peruvians were recommended but turned out to be in their 40's I seem to recall

Rainer Bonhoff was certainly rumoured, but there again so was Johhny Repp.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was once in bed with a truly beautiful young woman who had been described as having "tits like tankshells". I grappled with them drukenly and we had a bit of a cuddle. In the morning she was off to leave, but i persuaded her to have a fry-up first, where i hungoverly said her new hairstyle was that of a 12-year old boy. I ended up going to her wedding, and now she's pregnant and living in Australia.
Not sure we were right for each other, but away she went and never to return. I'm over it now.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
pretty sure we were close to signing George Best before he went to Bournemouth.Mullery could have had Didier Six at one point but dismissed him as a nobody - he went on to be a regular in the French national team alongside Rochteu & Platini.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here