Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One week left of the Transfer window...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I tend to agree that the team we have are more than good enough to be in the top half of this division. We do not desperately need any more players, just needs a bit of adjusting and imo it will start to click into place. Bring in Dicker for Navarro as the current partnership doesnt work, and put Wright or Mcleod left wing instead of cox with Bennet on the right. Cox is far too inconsistent, and lightweight, and for me hardly features in too many games. His positional sense is appauling, and often leaves the defender behind him struggling, and also means we are very limited down one side. Play 4-4-2 with two wide players and dicker, and i think we'll be fine, can we please just give Davies and Thornhill a chance ( thornhill seemed to do well for forest a league above!!)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Today Argus reckons both Mcnulty and Jake Wright are only out for two weeks.

I haven't seen that on NSC-where did the Arsegas get that information from?

SeagullEd

Jan 18, 2008
Following on from my other thread, which adresses most of these points to be honest, do you not acknowledge that a manager does training for his players...?

We're plucking these formations and partnerships out of nowhere other then last season, a few substitute appearances and preseason... he'll have tried these combinations in training! Moreover, slade is working in the transfer market... he knows what's available!

I don't think we need to try out any of these strange formations, I think perhaps yes bring Dicker in but other then that try to make as few changes as possible - we can't complain they havent gelled and then change it straight away!!

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Heard we are after a young striker from a premiership club, a left sided midfielder and have some contingency loan signings in mind. Pretty good source, in with the hospitality and management after Saturdays game. Suprised we don't seem to be looking at central midfield.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Less than a week to go. All very quiet at the moment. Think we'll do any more wheeling and dealing ?.

I think we'll bring in at least one more player, hopefully a centre mid. Ideally another striker as well, but doubt that will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here