Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One problem I have with Falmer.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd have thought the fans would have found some revolutionary method of communication like, oh I don't know, an Internet messageboard or something, to vaguely sort out where they're going to congregate.

North Stand sounds like the place to me, if only for historical reasons.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Most the lads I know that are vocal don't come on here, whilst this place can be used to sort out where to sit vocally wise, there is a large number of flids on here as can be seen by those that gather by the burger van and occupy H block.

I'd be hesitant in booking a seat just because it said it was best on here

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Most the lads I know that are vocal don't come on here, whilst this place can be used to sort out where to sit vocally wise, there is a large number of flids on here as can be seen by those that gather by the burger van and occupy H block.

I'd be hesitant in booking a seat just because it said it was best on here

I think labelling everyone in H block “Flids” is a bit harsh. I sit in there and I don't join in with the stupid “Who are ya.” after every goal or “You dirty Northern bastards.” when we play Southend or M.K Dons (which some people sing with worrying venom.) I sit there 'cos I wanna sing, and no matter what you views on H block is you can't deny the fact they sing.

I personally think that Voting for where to have the singing section is. Yes there will be some utter cocks but if some of the bigger tougher looking guys give them a speaking too the first time they act like cocks then sooner or later they will end up realising they are acting twats. Even if they don't then I'd still rather be sitting behind some mouthy lad who will provide a couple of cheap laughs than someone like TCB or someone who thinks number 17 is “Glen Zamora.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No standing = shit atmosphere.

Disagree. Go abroad to all seater stadia and you will see that there can be atmosphere. It's down to the fans; if they make noise there's atmosphere. Simple.

Feb 14, 2010
No standing = shit atmosphere.

spot on, hence all the best places to watch football are grounds where everyone stands up. Its bad enough having to watch the shit that plays for us never min having to sit down in the cold to do it as well. Terraces were a laugh, plastic seated grounds are and always have been shit

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'd have thought the fans would have found some revolutionary method of communication like, oh I don't know, an Internet messageboard or something, to vaguely sort out where they're going to congregate.

North Stand sounds like the place to me, if only for historical reasons.

I was thinking the same thing and was amazed it had taken so long for somebody to mention it.

To all of the people who want to create that extra bit of noise-start getting yourselves organised now, select the area you'd all like to be in, maybe ask Bozza for your own sub-forum and away you go. I'm sure the club have an idea of what people are looking for and most likely where. Don't blame the club or the new stadium if you're scattered all over the place. Generate anything like an away game atmosphere and the rest will join in-as Stoke regularly show us.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
spot on, hence all the best places to watch football are grounds where everyone stands up. Its bad enough having to watch the shit that plays for us never min having to sit down in the cold to do it as well. Terraces were a laugh, plastic seated grounds are and always have been shit

What utter rot -I go to Stoke quite a lot (a long story)and the atmosphere is fantastic, win lose or draw. And you dont get much more of a "plastic" stadium than that. Its passion and success that create an atmosphere.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
While standing up.

All that standing up does is annoy the fans behind you and upset the stewards.

Have a seat and sing your heart out but please don't stand in my way when I have paid over the odds to watch a match

dolphin123

May 12, 2009

Have a seat and sing your heart out but please don't stand in my way when I have paid over the odds to watch a match

And please dont tell me to sit down when i have paid over the odds to enjoy myself.

Prawn sandwich comes to mind.:tantrum:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Go and do one, dont buy a seat near to where people are likely to stand, if its an away game, you should stand anyway

Feb 14, 2010

mate, who dyou think you are to go around telling people how they want to enjoy themselves at football ?If you want to sit down fair enough but that is why there should be choice.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
mate, who dyou think you are to go around telling people how they want to enjoy themselves at football ?If you want to sit down fair enough but that is why there should be choice.

Its all very well if the standers stand behind those who want to sit, then there is no problem,
The problem is the attitude of those like Hurspierpoint seagulls
“don’t buy a seat near to where people are likely to stand” what an utter cock statement.
Not only does he expect to stand against the terms of the ticket he has bought he’s know full well that’s it an all seater venue, but then thinks he is in the right to selfishly stand in front of other sitting law abiding tickets holders completing stopping them from watching the game, how does a mentality like this become acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here