Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Pound!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
one pound is the going rate for a deep fried mars bar at our local chippie,

I've always fancied a go on one of these. Do any chippys do them in Brighton?

Oh, and £1 = 6 packets of Space Raiders (15p now ffs), 2 x pickled onion, 2 x beef and 2 x spicy. The remaining 10p would be saved for a rainy day.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
i would also buy a hammer to SMASH all the radios that people bring to Withdean only to yell out "Liverpool are winning 1-0" or "Rochdale just had a man sent off"

I'll willingly contribute my pound to this cause - to make sure it is a decent quality hammer that smashes the radios in a satisfyingly violent fashion and inflicts a bit of collateral damage to the utter knobs who insist on using them.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
UPDATE: lottery ticket referred to earlier in the thread has come in - have won £24.5m but sadly - as with Heather Mills - that will not be enough for me and my family to travel first class. However, we might run to a poncho each.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'll willingly contribute my pound to this cause - to make sure it is a decent quality hammer that smashes the radios in a satisfyingly violent fashion and inflicts a bit of collateral damage to the utter knobs who insist on using them.

What's wrong with taking a radio?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think I would put my pound in the Elvis Presley pinball machine at the Long Man. That would buy me three credits of flipper-flapping FUN (and I'd probably win another credit or two because, well, I'm a WINNER).

Failing that, I'd buy a bag of BOMBAY MIX from Poundland - its H-H-H-HOT and scrummy.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

nothing, but its when people feel the need to think they are better than everyone else because they know Chelsea have gone 1-0 down, and Hereford have equalised against Stockport, and have the urge to shout it out as loud as they can.

I particularly love it when some randomly shouts "FUCKIN GET IN THERE" and the person next to them says, whats up? and the reply is something along the lines of "Burnely are loosing, I f***ing hate Burnley"

We are Brighton fans, we paid to go to watch Brighton, and dont really need to know that Liverpool are winning - and thats why the £1 is a good investement on a hammer

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My mrs bought me a copy of The Pianist on video for £1. :winner:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
nothing, but its when people feel the need to think they are better than everyone else because they know Chelsea have gone 1-0 down, and Hereford have equalised against Stockport, and have the urge to shout it out as loud as they can.

I particularly love it when some randomly shouts "FUCKIN GET IN THERE" and the person next to them says, whats up? and the reply is something along the lines of "Burnely are loosing, I f***ing hate Burnley"

We are Brighton fans, we paid to go to watch Brighton, and dont really need to know that Liverpool are winning - and thats why the £1 is a good investement on a hammer

One of my mates usually gives us all score updates from his radio at the game. This is because we are all gamblers, and like hearing how our accumulators are shaping up / laughing at the ones that have gone tits up.

Luton creaming Oldham 3-0 after about half an hour on Saturday being a classic example of another fiver up the swanny for one of us.

I realise this could be irritating for people around us. But then I think...."so what ?"

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

It's not the taking of it that is the problem... it's announcing to everyone around you, without so much as a by-your-leave, the latest news, scores, comments from SCR about the game we are actually watching etc... etc...

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I think I bould bury it in my back garden, and water it every day until it sprouted into a giant beanstalk. I'd then climb this, find some miserly old giant to mug, nick his stash of golden coins, and melt them all on the barbecue to make one big ingot. And I'd work this into a scale model of the QE2 (possibly using Mendoza10's hammer, once he's done smashing up all the radios and doesn't need it any more), which I could sail sround the world free (and first class, so I could wave smugly at Heather Mills).

Or something.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I would get in my time machine and go back to 1978 and get into the goldstone with it and get 20p change.

They might not accept a £1 coin though, what with them not having been circulated at that time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think I bould bury it in my back garden, and water it every day until it sprouted into a giant beanstalk. I'd then climb this, find some miserly old giant to mug, nick his stash of golden coins, and melt them all on the barbecue to make one big ingot. And I'd work this into a scale model of the QE2 (possibly using Mendoza10's hammer, once he's done smashing up all the radios and doesn't need it any more), which I could sail sround the world free (and first class, so I could wave smugly at Heather Mills).

Or something.

A boat made of gold probably wouldn't float.
Otherwise though, that is a flawless plan.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've always fancied a go on one of these. Do any chippys do them in Brighton?

Oh, and £1 = 6 packets of Space Raiders (15p now ffs), 2 x pickled onion, 2 x beef and 2 x spicy. The remaining 10p would be saved for a rainy day.

Have you got an exceptionally small head? I can't imagine a 10p piece affording much protection if you were to find yourself in a DELUGE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here