Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One point off the playoffs after 18 games

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Would you have taken this at the start of the season?

I know the football is not tippytaptastic at present, but I'm half full rather than half empty.

Last time we were in the Championship we had won TWO games by November 26th...........and we had played 21 games.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Without a doubt.

Expectations were a little too high after our great start, now we know we are not going up as champions we can all relax a little and enjoy wherever we end up. So long as it is out of the relegation spots.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How many points 'til safety?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
in my opinion, i hope we dont even make the playoffs, then we can realise at the end of the season, who is good enough, and not, and work from there, and make a genuine push next year

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Definately would have taken this at the start of the season! Considering injuries and our little bad run I think we deserve our place in the top half of the leauge. Today: Navvs and Harley both looked good today, definately created more chances and LuaLua looked bright when he did have the ball. Happy Days!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been a good start so far, we have done well

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Can't see how anyone can be anything but happy with our situation.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
IF we were to win at Derby , and IF Leeds dont win at Forest and IF Hull dont win at Southampton .. we will be in Play Offs on Weds morning!
three IFs but the biggest is in our own hands ... COME ON BRIGHTON!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we finish in the top half and have a really good season from March onwards I'll be delighted. This season's just about laying the foundations - some people have forgotten how difficult this division is (and just how gash we were when we were in many times in the past). This has to be the best framework of a squad we've had for decades.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm more interested in seeing entertaining football, I'd probably take it because wins are usually more fun, but if you'd offer me 1 point off the play offs after 18 games with disappointing football, or 1 point off relegation but with great football, I'd probably take the latter with confidence the great football would lead to enough to stay up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here