Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Off Hi Res Web Cam picture

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Some people may have missed this because it was tucked away in the Webcam thread. The MD of Lobster got an extra picture added to the sequence. It's 3888 x 2592 resolution instead of the usual 1936 x 1288, so twice as clear.

Allows you to see the West stand far more clearly and also generally a far better image than the usual camera pics. Worth a look.

Image is 19:37 on the 24th May.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Here it is.

Attachments

• Webcam 24.5.11 B.JPG
    Webcam 24.5.11 B.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,128
Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I enjoyed going to the original, zooming into 100% and then panning to the nearest seats in the South-East corner - for an astonishing view of the space BETWEEN the seats in each row...

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that if you look at the pictures on the 12th April (the day after the fox dug a hole in the sand) and then look at a current picture, you can still make out the damage to the pitch, especially in the super hi res picture. I hope Gus is telling the players not to try passing the ball around that area :)

But it is an amazing pic, even down to the footprints on the surround between the seats and the pitch. Cant you get them to turn on hi res all the time? :)

Lobster Pictures

Oct 19, 2009
I'm afraid we can't put it on hi-res all the time - 4.5 MB file size would stuff the limited bandwidth. Our servers are taking on about 3GB of stills per day at the moment from live projects so I'm trying to keep that level down too!

We have well-defined rules about what we can provide from our client, BHAFC. In this case we were asked to not provide 'save' functionality.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've made a large pic by snipping and joining them together (25 pics), which can be viewed HERE (3500x2312)

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
You can see the footprints around the south east corner on the tarmac - it's like 'Michael Bentine's Potty Time'.

Don't look now, but I think your age is showing! What a fabulous programme that was!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here