Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] One of those 5 minute jobs

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Lay the tiles in an overlapping brickwork style and you don't have to worry keeping all the lines straight.

Only if walls are dead flat and perpendicular.. if they are not, you cant 'bend' the tiles so follow the wall, so stay with grid style imo.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I would leave it alone. It looks quite good from the photos.

Just hose the kids down.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Forget the tiling, surely wall panels are the way to go. No more of that effing grout.
They look cheap but cost a fortune

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I see stuff worse than this most days, doesn’t look like a bad job TBF, these type of shower rooms are usually done on a grant for OAPs or people with disabilities.

I agree. Its a probate sale. An elderly couple lived here. The wife died from covid and the husband has been moved into a home.

There was a bath there but looks like it was swapped out due to mobility and a cheaply done swap. I'm hoping a reversal won't be too difficult. Probably find avocado tiles behind the boards.:sick:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=20792]spongy[/MENTION], genuinely, if you buy would money be tight for the overall project?

If the prep is done, I know an excellent wall tiler, who did a fantastic job in our bathroom a year ago. Could send a pic of his work.

Saving the aggravation of trying to get it perfect without the skillset.

Obviously cheaper to fix larger tiles.

Mrs T wanted small tiles. I just did a quick tally and there are about 2500 tiles in our bathroom and loo. No wonder it me cost so much :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When I go back for a second viewing I will check the walls out. I have a feeling the pipework comes from up top like the electrics seem to.

I want to get rid of the panels, is it possible to cut them at bath height and recess the bath under the lip? If I want to tile in the future the aqua panels will have to come off.

BTW, Good to see you on the case :thumbsup:

Never give up.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
View attachment 136526

Place tin bath on shower tray to bath children, remove and put to one side when adults want to use the shower.

5 minute job. :)

Stokke dona much more space friendly foldable plastic one. It’s what we have for the toddler 😅

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Mrs T wanted small tiles. I just did a quick tally and there are about 2500 tiles in our bathroom and loo. No wonder it me cost so much :facepalm:
First thing I tell people when doing bathroom estimates, buy big tiles, it can cut the job down by days!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here