Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] One of the big problems with VAR......

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not fully in control as contact was after the save…Tim Howard explained it well on NBC

Are we talking about the same incident? The ball dropped on the floor. He had the ball between one hand and a surface (the pitch). It is the very definition of being in control as written in the laws of the game quoted above. It doesn't matter that he had previously saved it. It's essentially 'a different phase of play'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On a date, having dinner and she let you watch it on your mobile on a dodgy stream? SHE IS A KEEPER!!!!! """

Beer pre-dinner tbf and on her phone as I dont have one. But yeah seems a bit of a keeper, she was even quite curious about this weird football team and later in bed agreed to call me Graham during the pillow talk.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Beer pre-dinner tbf and on her phone as I dont have one. But yeah seems a bit of a keeper, she was even quite curious about this weird football team and later in bed agreed to call me Graham during the pillow talk.

All going well until you asked her to pull you off after 70 minutes

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Are we talking about the same incident? The ball dropped on the floor. He had the ball between one hand and a surface (the pitch). It is the very definition of being in control as written in the laws of the game quoted above. It doesn't matter that he had previously saved it. It's essentially 'a different phase of play'.

What about the "except if the ball rebounds or is saved" bit? (Quoted from the other thread)

So is this a meaningless part of the rule then? I don’t agree it’s a different phase of play…it’s the same as a goal being disallowed because someone was offside during the build up.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What about the "except if the ball rebounds or is saved" bit? (Quoted from the other thread)

So is this a meaningless part of the rule then? I don’t agree it’s a different phase of play…it’s the same as a goal being disallowed because someone was offside during the build up.

In this instant i think it is as meaningless as the other two definitions of in control.

"the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save"

are two points:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body)
or
by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

i.e. the 'rebounds or saved' applies when it isn't between both hands, or the hand and a surface e.g. if you make a save and it gets trapped under your elbow, you're not in control

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here