Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One moment's pause for a reflection on the season...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
also when u consider apart from losing bobby,coppell and bozzy talk about using ur resources players like butters,virgo and piercy who werent getting alook in last season and on top of that hinch,harding,el abd,jake and mcphee have all contrabuted this season!so all in all a satisfactory season!!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :drink:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
graz126 said:
when you look at sheff wed and grimsby it just shows how well we have done. lets finish the job off now.
against all odds. but then i did think we were the better team of the 3 last season in div 1. just had a shocking start to season in div 1 thats all.
we have lost more than 2 of our better players this season. zamora, brooker sold. rodgers, blackwell injured. ingermarson, sidwell, barrett, rougier, henderson gone.

Barrett and Henderson???????

The Large One said:
Despite all our managerial, financial and permanent home turmoil this season, finishing fourth in Division 2 (albeit a very crap Division 2), is no mean feat. We have not been lower than eighth all season, and most people said at the start of the season that to get into the play-offs would be the limit of our capabilities. Well, guess what people - we've only gone and done it...

Clubs with more resources, bigger capacities and home stability have finished below us. I believe that all at the club fighting yet again with a pissy shoestring budget, crap facilities and a lack of atmosphere at home, (not to mention having to deal with turncoats and traitors - and I include a couple of so-called Albion fans on NSC in that - who don't believe Falmer can happen and want our stadium somewhere else), deserve a huge round of applause for their efforts...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Superb job everyone. Marvelous scenes...
I think you are spot on.for so many seasons now this club has had both hands tied behind it's back,imagine what we will achieve whe we get falmer,when the announcement is made(it will be positive)we should do what they do in that new Carling advert and have a massive game of skins and shirts in Falmer village.:clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2:

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Brilliant achievement considering coppout left us in the lurch and we had loan signings of the calibre of Henderson and rehman to contend with.
The true albion boys did good.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I agree with all that has been said what we have achieved with the dramas on and off the field has been amazing!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
If we had finished 4th a couple of season ago instead of as Champs we would all have been absolutely delighted. Most of the time I have supported the Albion we have been mediocre but with fairly low expectations. After a couple of seasons of overachieving we are back towards normality but have still done well. I think we should salute that and enjoy it while it lasts.

Lush

Mods' Pet
And amazingly - apart from replacing Bobby with Knight/Benjamin/Iwelumo - we've done it all with old-timers and youth-teamers.

Perhaps we should have kept that nice Mr Hinshelwood on for a little longer...

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
if you look at the season so far,
we have only played well 5 times at most.
we are in the playoffs
we are the inform team of the 4 in the playoff zone.
we havent conceeded a goal for 5 games.
we are 17th in the away form league
we dont score many goals

i have a strange feeling about the season, i know we have done well, but im not quite sure how we got there

oh well roll on cardiff - heres to a successful play off campaign, after all, if we dont win the playoffs we'll still be in division 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here