Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One moment's pause for a reflection on the season...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Despite all our managerial, financial and permanent home turmoil this season, finishing fourth in Division 2 (albeit a very crap Division 2), is no mean feat. We have not been lower than eighth all season, and most people said at the start of the season that to get into the play-offs would be the limit of our capabilities. Well, guess what people - we've only gone and done it...

Clubs with more resources, bigger capacities and home stability have finished below us. I believe that all at the club fighting yet again with a pissy shoestring budget, crap facilities and a lack of atmosphere at home, (not to mention having to deal with turncoats and traitors - and I include a couple of so-called Albion fans on NSC in that - who don't believe Falmer can happen and want our stadium somewhere else), deserve a huge round of applause for their efforts...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Superb job everyone. Marvelous scenes...

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hear hear :clap2: :salute:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You only have to look at the 3 teams that came down from div 1:
Grimsby are down
Sheff wed were just 3 points from going down
We are in the play offs:clap2:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Exactly! Take a peek at how Sheffield Wednesday have done this season with an average crowd of 20,000. No, take a look at Grimsby Town. No money and no major additions to the team. Where are they next season?

Division 3

Where could we be next season?

Division 1

Huge respect to the playing staff and management for getting over the loss of two of our best players AND a top manager to keep up with the promotion chasers.
Huge respect to the board for replacing Coppell with a manager of equal stature who understands this league and has put us in a play-off place. Here's hoping we can emulate the Walsall team of a few years ago. Got promoted to Div1 against all expectations, relegated on the final day, promoted next season through winning the play-offs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The most boring season in 5 years and yet we're in the playoffs. Have we been spoilt or what :clap2: :clap2:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Spot on. It's about time the Board, the management team and the players got a bit of respect. Whatever happens now we've had a very successful season and us Albion fans should be bloody grateful for 2 promotions and one play off campaign in 4 seasons instead of being the most moaning, whinging, ungrateful bunch of fans around.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Maybe it's because we are always fighting against the odds that the people involved at all levels have been more determined to succeed.

Just imagine what we could do if we had a home ;)

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
when you look at sheff wed and grimsby it just shows how well we have done. lets finish the job off now.
against all odds. but then i did think we were the better team of the 3 last season in div 1. just had a shocking start to season in div 1 thats all.
we have lost more than 2 of our better players this season. zamora, brooker sold. rodgers, blackwell injured. ingermarson, sidwell, barrett, rougier, henderson gone.

Well said TLO, sums it all up perfectly. This football club is a constant source of amazement to me, the fight, passion and spirit is simply indomitable.

Nothing can keep us down, f**k the inspector, f**k the nimbies, f**k ecovert, f**k a****r, f**k b******i, f**k s*****y and and in the nicest possible way f**k swindon, bristol city and hartlpool.

We are going up!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Here, here. The spirit and unity amongst the board, management, players and fans for this club is a very strong one. We've really achieved a lot on a shoe string and full credit to Dick Knight and all playing and on-playing staff for another successiful season.:clap: :clap:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
Well said TLO, sums it all up perfectly. This football club is a constant source of amazement to me, the fight, passion and spirit is simply indomitable.

Nothing can keep us down, f**k the inspector, f**k the nimbies, f**k ecovert, f**k a****r, f**k b******i, f**k s*****y and and in the nicest possible way f**k swindon, bristol city and hartlpool.

We are going up!
Perfectly put.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hmmm ... I have been to 18 (19 including National Falmer Day) games this season and I have only seen us win 5 times (Oldham, Cheaterfield and Wrexham plus two home games) ... as most of my matches are away, that says it all!
Our shite away form was only beaten by last season's relegation away form ... so finish fourth is thanks to fortress Withdean

Good show chaps
:clap: :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Deadly Danson said:
Albion fans should be bloody grateful for 2 promotions and one play off campaign in 4 seasons instead of being the most moaning, whinging, ungrateful bunch of fans around.

We are grateful, but so many games this season, especially the home games, have been dire and being in the playoff places all season has masked the fact that the standard of our football has worsened, not improved, and going to Withdean is a tedious, joyless, overpriced affair

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
IMO to still be in playoffs and a chance of promotion after losing Zamora and Coppell you have done well. Good luck :clap:

Of course you ain't done as superb as we have but you have still done well :lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
It has been another great season.Not the best of performances and games but character just eases from the club.Brilliant that we have an extention of at least 2 more games. Lets just hope we make Cardiff and the 1st Division.Well done Brighton & Hove Albion and thank you.:clap: :clap: :clap: :drink: :drink: :drink:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
oapdodge said:
It has been another great season.Not the best of performances and games but character just eases from the club.Brilliant that we have an extention of at least 2 more games. Lets just hope we make Cardiff and the 1st Division.Well done Brighton & Hove Albion and thank you.:clap: :clap: :clap: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Well said that man.:clap2: :drink: :clap2: :drink: :clap2:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Things will get better by the end of the month we could be in Div 1 and have Falmer approved. Brighton are amazing, whatever adversity this club faces, it always comes out on top. That is why I am not scared about Falmer. We have the best fans in the world and nothing will truly threaten the existence of this great club again.
Bring it on your f***ing Nimby bastards. People have tried to ruin this club before you, there will be others who try after you, but none will succeed!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
CAFC Matt said:
IMO to still be in playoffs and a chance of promotion after losing Zamora and Coppell you have done well. Good luck :clap:

Of course you ain't done as superb as we have but you have still done well :lolol:

Charlton?

boredom.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here