Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One in five men know how to get a gun. Do you?

Do you know how to get a gun?

• Yes I do

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • No I don't

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • You want a gun? You can borrow mine.

Votes: 6 7.5%

• Total voters

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I know someone who has two shotguns, but they're stored legally, so I'd have to break in to his house and the local gun club to get all the bits. And I don't actually know where the local gun club is.

But theres a gun shop about 5 miles away, does that count?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
My mate knows where to get one and I believe him otherwise hed probably shoot me!!

living in Hackney I again have no personal idea, however, I obviously know the estates where people who possess or may possess such items live.

However, the chances they would be willing to sell such items to a complete stranger is highly unlikely.

And I imagine, the sheer terror of me meeting such people residing or hanging out in dodgy premises, would mean I probably poo my pants, which would further reduce my negotiating ability.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I should have carried a gun that evening me and a close friend walking through the moors wandered off the roadside and into the misty wilderness. Some of the locals, cursing my existence just an hour so before in that eternal, unforgiving, lightless dusk, had handed me weapon and silver bullet prior to our leaving, but silly old me had left the pistol on the table. As the doors to their arid and murderous inn of sour ales closed, a few screamed our names from within, but we presumed that to be the rape they'd promised if we'd stayed, so on we went. When the half-man half-badger came at us and ripped my friend to pieces past midnight ,i reached into my pocket and found nothing but a bullet. "Rats!" i shouted and had to go on watching my compadre being devoured bit by bit whilst i thought of ways of building up the strength to physically toss the argent pointer with the power of a shooter. Secretly, i also wished for my friend's soon dormant flesh to be tasty or filling enough for me to just stroll off, giggling with manbadger about what might have happened if his gut bulged lessly. Unfortunately, manbadger spat of him out and started on my feet. Unbeknownst to him, i don't like my own feet so kept quiet and grinning as he commenced and nibbled them to death. Up to the ankles he went, and at that point, with the small hammer (calm down ladies!) i had in my comedic bat-belt, i pelted his scalp with one foul blow of the bullet. His head exploded then, the metal being an allergy this beast couldn't handle or take, and the dark sky rained down the heftier parts of my severed digits on the bleeding limbs my limp and horrifed hands couldn't reach and clean and cork.
A helicoptor flown by angels fluttered and lowered around me a short while after on eager approach once the danger had melted, and lifted me to somewhere helpful. It's always a shame, i think, when you wish for something you don't like to be gone or dead, and right now i rather miss my feet and every great moment we used to share with ball or kickable wife.

Lush

Mods' Pet
"One in five men know how to get a gun."

Yeah right...

gnstRoyRogers_lg.jpg

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Until a couple of years ago I worked in an inner city school where 2 former pupils were shot dead. Pretty much any kid in school could get a gun and a few carried them (and not just BB guns or air pistols!). Knives were even more common. I saw 2 pistols and had the police in both times with the result that I got threatened pushed and punched "accidentally" and spat on. I left

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Until a couple of years ago I worked in an inner city school where 2 former pupils were shot dead. Pretty much any kid in school could get a gun and a few carried them (and not just BB guns or air pistols!). Knives were even more common. I saw 2 pistols and had the police in both times with the result that I got threatened pushed and punched "accidentally" and spat on. I left

I'd say you made the right choice. :ohmy:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Junior - just wander across to the nearest RAF Copper, tell him there's 10p on the floor, and when he looks down, nick his gun. Simple. And if you want another gun, do it to him again the next day - he'll have forgotten about the first time by then....

I suspect many who think they could get a gun have heard from "a friend of a friend" about how to pick one up - and they really couldn't. It's not simply a case of "getting a gun" - what do you want it for? If it's for crime, then you want something with the serial taken off with acid - also depends what sort of crime you want to commit. Sticking up a bookies with a 9mm is possibly good for the movies, but f*** all use for doing the job - the spray is too wild, you don't really want to be killing people, you want fear - you need effect, which is where the sawn-off Mossberg comes in. Two chambers, one in the ceiling if people get arsey, then the noise and collateral will dissuade anyone else from having a go. If you want a gun to go poaching, then you are into different realms again. If you want a target pistol, the Yellow Pages will do. If you want something that can't be traced, then starting pistols that have been modified are an option. You can also pick up very small, built from scratch single shot weapons.

I had ADT out to fit an alarm system at my house, and the guy pure shat himself when he saw what I had fitted under the stairs for a gun cupboard (job related, all strictly legal guv). Gone now (honest...) but he was ex-Marines - he did't know whether to run, have a hard on, or stroke the fuckers. He said that I didn't need an alarm system, it would be more fun if I was at home if someone broke in.

Now, the father-in-law, he's a different kettle of fish. When he saw what I had, he brought round his collection of completely illegal weapons to show me - most of them WWII era and still functioning! All confiscated and handed in to the authorities, natch.

Wanna buy a Luger?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yes i do, legally. illegally not a clue.

own several, all legal and properly secured with no ammunition kept at our house.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Interesting statistic that I had a good think about today.

No is the answer, but as Billy Cox was shot down the end of my road and the kid in Liverpool was shot outside a pub that I used to frequent all the time through my other half, I suspect I could possibly give it a good go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here