Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Game Too Far? Outplayed & Outsung

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn't seem like we were down near the N/W corner, I barely heard the Palace fans until the last 10 minutes.

This, I could see the Palace fans clapping, so they were singing something, but hear them not until the end, when they scored......

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
On the radio for the last half hour all I could hear was that North Stand Ultras song ....

... but I'm guessing it was the Palace version.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Outsung? Bollox.
I was really disappointed in Palace last night. Nothing from them for 1hour! On the flip side we had 3sides singing on places and almost always 2. The noise was deafening. Outplayed yes, outsung no.

Albion Rob

I'm in WSU close to the North Stand and thought the atmosphere we created was electric for the first 20 but then the tension on the pitch seemed to transfer itself into the stands - and it has to be said probably vice-versa.

Only really heard Palace at the end but that's not really surprising.

Guess this is the thing with a proper ground. harder to hear people 100 yards away - certainly harder than it was at withdean where most of the crowd hardly sung.

As earlier posters have said, think Bridcutt getting booked was the turning point - we stood off a lot more and allowed them to play - but it shouldn't have been.

A bitter experience last night but we're still fifth and lest we forget that roughly this time seven years ago we were bouncing around after beating them 1-0 at Shithurst - and look what happened to us come May.

Roll on the international break and a productive October.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Outsung? Bollox.
I was really disappointed in Palace last night. Nothing from them for 1hour! On the flip side we had 3sides singing on places and almost always 2. The noise was deafening. Outplayed yes, outsung no.

You need a reality check , Palace fans were as loud as Leeds on Friday night , our vocal support went down the shitter 15 minutes after kick off and only recovered for portions of the game until the 80th minute. Looking back in hindsight our woeful vocal support was embarrassing after starting off so brilliantly.

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
At times when all your stands sang in unision you were loud and impressive but after we started gettting into game we defo outsung you, You've only got Allllbion Albion and were the North stand over ere etc,Stand up if you hate Palace, that's it, apart from those songs we heard nout. the whole 2nd half you were almost as bad a the Emirates Library.

Most importantly you were outplayedpunk::lolol:

One of my best away Palace games ever and at your shiney new stadium to boot, Palace supporting life cant get any better for a few more months:lolol:

Great seats shame we never sat in them tho

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
You need a reality check , Palace fans were as loud as Leeds on Friday night , our vocal support went down the shitter 15 minutes after kick off and only recovered for portions of the game until the 80th minute. Looking back in hindsight our woeful vocal support was embarrassing after starting off so brilliantly.

I was in WSL, all I could hear was the North and West. I think you need a reality check mate. Remember a couple on Albion Albion's straight after kick off at withdean and then nothing. Compare that to last night, at times there were 3or4 different songs going around. It was awesome. Just died a little after an hour when we could see the game turning. I honestly didn't hear Palace until they scored.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
At times when all your stands sang in unision you were loud and impressive but after we started gettting into game we defo outsung you, You've only got Allllbion Albion and were the North stand over ere etc,Stand up if you hate Palace, that's it, apart from those songs we heard nout. the whole 2nd half you were almost as bad a the Emirates Library.

Most importantly you were outplayedpunk::lolol:

Can't really argue with most of this. We were loud in the first half but very quiet in the 2nd - we are also short on songs!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was in WSL, all I could hear was the North and West. I think you need a reality check mate. Remember a couple on Albion Albion's straight after kick off at withdean and then nothing. Compare that to last night, at times there were 3or4 different songs going around. It was awesome. Just died a little after an hour when we could see the game turning. I honestly didn't hear Palace until they scored.

I wasn't at the game but any Brighton fan who listened to the game on BBC 5Live , BBC Radio Sussex or Seagulls Player will tell you our vocal support went awol for very large portions of the match and all you could hear was Palace especially for the last 20 minutes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't seem like we were down near the N/W corner, I barely heard the Palace fans until the last 10 minutes.

This. We WEREN'T outsung - that's ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here