Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the teenagers, the significance of Zamora's possible return?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would say signing Bobby Smith was a bigger surprise for us as he played for England in March and signed for us in the summer. That would be like us signing Welbeck if older. BZ good as he was does not compare with what Bobby Smiths position was at the time.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Vicente ahh those were the days,if poyet had played him at shithurst in the first play off match we may of been in the prem now !!

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
As superb as it would be, Vicente will always be the most astonishingly ambitious signing we've made (post-1985 anyway). Zamora coming would be great but in terms of impact, Vicente and CMS were bigger.

Cms ?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

The beauty of NSC, a healthy debate, when he arrived many of us thought it was a huge signing for the club, but history has proved differently. The player he replaced, Murray, turned out to be one of the biggest mistakes in the club's history whilst many would argue CMS is right up their with Jason Peake and Junior McDougald in the under achievement stakes.
(The teenagers bit was ironic)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Yeah, I know it's weird having CMS and Vicente in the same sentence and I know Vicente was on a different level in terms of quality, but signing CMS was a real marquee moment for the club. Spending £3.5m on a striker that had just scored 30+ goals was absolutely huge at the time.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Yeah, I know it's weird having CMS and Vicente in the same sentence and I know Vicente was on a different level in terms of quality, but signing CMS was a real marquee moment for the club. Spending £3.5m on a striker that had just scored 30+ goals was absolutely huge at the time.

I thought he was better than murray at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here