Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the stattos? With the massive increase in home support....

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i think our away support is very up and down, it's no longer picking the decent games that you know will be good, more of a lottery! i thouroughly enjoyed Birmingham away this season yet last season it was shocking, Wolves was a decent atmosphere too but it seems yesterday was quite poor???

unfortunately we'll end up mid-table in that away league as the only decent followings we'll have left is Forest and Leeds surely?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
i think our away support is very up and down, it's no longer picking the decent games that you know will be good, more of a lottery! i thouroughly enjoyed Birmingham away this season yet last season it was shocking, Wolves was a decent atmosphere too but it seems yesterday was quite poor???

unfortunately we'll end up mid-table in that away league as the only decent followings we'll have left is Forest and Leeds surely?

This season we took just over half to Birmingham than what we took last season but I felt the atmosphere was better. We'll take around or maybe 2000 odd to Peterborough on a Tuesday night. Leeds will be £35 to get in so will put a fair few off but it's the last away game of the season and we may need to get something.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The away following can also fluctuate wildly from season to season with long distance games played in midweek. Not all Albion fans travel to away games from Sussex as they live all over the country so for some a northern fixture isn't all that far to travel.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
shame Bristol City, Cardiff and Peterborough are mid-week. I'd be pretty confident we'd take 1500+ to all of those on a Saturday

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Cardiff only took 446 to Leeds yesterday & that was a 3:00pm kickoff.

Top of the league & so few!
Category A game at £35 a ticket, kick off time switched three times by West Yorkshire Police to 1pm then to 12pm and then back to 3pm. Also having to collect match ticket from a service station outside Leeds.

I'd blame the police and Leeds high pricing

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I wonder how many of our Amex fans have been to an away game at all?

Not a dig at anyone, just curious :)

We are at a huge disadvantage to many fans of other clubs because of our location. Leicester should top the league for away fans as they are based in the centre of the universe :D

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You can't really judge until the last game when everyone has been everywhere. At this stage, we've been to certain grounds and others to others. It isn't fair to compare at this stage I don't think.

But we're doing well.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cardiff only took 446 to Leeds yesterday & that was a 3:00pm kickoff.

Top of the league & so few!

The OB know the two sets of fans have previous for being pwoppa norty with each other and did their best to make it difficult for away fans to attend.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Before we'd moved to the Amex I'd been to Southampton and Westham only, with my dad. Last season I started going with my mates and I went to 7 overall. Yesterday was my 9th this season, I've fallen completely in love with it!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I thimk we fair pretty well in that table conidering cost etc. I only had to travel from Huddersfield but the whole day inc travel, match ticket, beers and a coiple of burgers still set me back around £60 - £70 not cheap and if yout travelling from the South coast that will increase.

Hoping Leeds away is a good turn out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here