Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the cooks,

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
right (masterchef superphil?) we've got this organic veg box delivered, last week we new what they all were. This weeks has got about 10 of these things that are some kinda root veg and looke like croissants/caterpillar type things, any idea what they are? They range from an inch or 2 to 5 inches. They feel like potatos

They look a bit like ginger but arent

thank you NSC

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are they some sort of variety of sweet potato? Cassava Root Tuber or something similar?

800px-Manihot_esculenta_dsc07325.jpg

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
no they are definitely not sweet spuds, I was hoping for some of those to do a mash but we got these instead. They're crinkly things, with the texture of a 'snip or potato, but they definitely look like croissants (but not bendy they are quite straight)

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
hehe.

There's an aisle in Taj with many weird and mysterious rooty looking vegetables, probably some of those then.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
hehe.

There's an aisle in Taj with many weird and mysterious rooty looking vegetables, probably some of those then.

yeah they are local though from a farm within 8 miles from poets corner or something. We've got quite a lot of them and am lost to as what they could be, they definitely are a root veg cos some have got hairy bits coming out the top

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
hehe.

I love that shop and miss it now that I have moved away. They have done rather well for themselves. Huge house on Dyke Road and an army of flashy cars with 'Taj #' on the plates.

Seems we were both wrong!

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Yep, they're expanding. Quite right too, I run a pub kitchen and always go to their main 'international' store off Western Road. So many pickles and unusual veg that we always try and use. Still beaten on this one tho'.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Whatever they are,throw them away with the other contents,then boil up the box for a good drop of soup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here