Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One F in Falmer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Had to laugh at Yorkie on Saturday when she ran over to deposit some of the fanzine funds in my pocket. "I don't think I'm brave enough to shout out 'One F in Falmer' " :lolol:

Near disaster when Lord Bracknell came round to collect the cash. I thrust my hand into my jeans pocket, pulled out a wad of notes, and to my horror a stray £10 got caught in the wind and was whisked away from my grasp. I then had to chase the errant £10 around the concourse in the style of Rocky Balboa when he was chasing that chicken in training. Thankfully an honest Albion fan grabbed it before it was blown down Tongdean Lane, and the cash was safely desposited in Lord B's impressive sack before any harm was done.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Myself and Lord B (don't tell roz) had to fish the money out of Trotser's pockets ourselves. And they were very tight - it took a while. Somehow she ended up with about £300 (at least that's what it looked like). What else was there an 'F' in Trotser?

Turkey: How about getting the playing squad and/or directors to sign, say, half a dozen copies and raffling / auctioning them. We could get a few quid for them. The money could then go to FFA or the Forty Notes Fund...?

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:

Turkey: How about getting the playing squad and/or directors to sign, say, half a dozen copies and raffling / auctioning them. We could get a few quid for them. The money could then go to FFA or the Forty Notes Fund...?

Have any of the players bought a copy?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Large One said:

Thats a great idea. Erm, how to go about this though! ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
Myself and Lord B (don't tell roz) had to fish the money out of Trotser's pockets ourselves. And they were very tight - it took a while.
Damn, I missed out there then. You lucky buggers, getting a rummage in Trotsters kecks

:lolol: :lolol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Large One said:
I could have a word with Kevin Keehan or Paul Rogers. I am sure that they would OK that. I'll get back to you in the morning after I have phoned the club.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Eddie the Seagull said:
The fanzine was awesome - The 'My first match - an optomistic vision of the Albion in 2006/7 through the eyes of a 10 year old' by GRITT23 almost bought tears to my eyes.

f***ing well done to everyone.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All the writing was superb but that article of Gritt 23's got to me too. It was a little bugger to layout - for some reason it had a mind of its own and was determined to have its own way so far as spacing was concerned. Which meant that I got to read it several times. And each time I had it up in front of me on the Mac screen I got what Gritt23 describes as "a little bit emotional"!

The bit that goes:

"Then the game started and Brighton were brilliant. The players were fast and the other team could hardly get the ball. It wasn't long before Brighton scored and the whole place erupted. Dad and I were leaping around celebrating and so was everyone else. I've seen Dad happy before but this was something different. In fact I've never known so many people as excited as me about the same thing. Dad called it "belonging". I like "belonging".

would, in a just world, surely melt the hardest anti-Falmer heart? Because you can't put a price on "belonging".

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Thankyou to everyone who turned up to sell and who wrote for the fanzine. Sorry I couldnt be there, will be in Sheffield to flog any remaining copies.
Turkey, I have emailed you with regards to buying some via post, please save ten aside for me.

What did everyone think about it?

Will we need to print more?

Brilliantly done Richie! You and Turkey and roz did the subject proud. A quality publication innit! :clap: :clap2: :clap:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i echo all these praises so far , absoulutly superb

also prooves that fanzines still have a place :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tom Hark said:
I shouldn't worry about Gareth's opinions too much if I were you Easy 10 - he was ALWAYS rubbish at predictions...
Aw, don't spoil it Tom.
I had visions of me, you and Grittt 23 signing copies of the fanzine in Borders :jester: :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Aw, don't spoil it Tom.
I had visions of me, you and Grittt 23 signing copies of the fanzine in Borders :jester: :lolol:

Well I got Mike Ward to sign a copy of Gullhanger for me in Borders. In my defence tho, I would point out it was for Yorkie. And there was free wine and beer... :D

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Congrats to all and not bad for a first effort - nice and shiny so on those rain soaked Withdean afternoons it's less likely to turn into a soggy mess!!!

One minor observation/criticism - as it is promoting FFA then you need to get across to all audiences so it would probably have been a good idea to edit out the little bit of swearing in Krispies article.

In this instance it wouldn't have changed the context of the article but might put off some fans with kids who don't want them reading swear words.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Congrats to all and not bad for a first effort - nice and shiny so on those rain soaked Withdean afternoons it's less likely to turn into a soggy mess!!!

One minor observation/criticism - as it is promoting FFA then you need to get across to all audiences so it would probably have been a good idea to edit out the little bit of swearing in Krispies article.

In this instance it wouldn't have changed the context of the article but might put off some fans with kids who don't want them reading swear words.

Fair point. It wasn't something I thought about to be honest. First time I've ever been involved with a fanzine so a lot to learn!

There are now just 46 fanzines left + whatever remains in the club shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here