Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One day for STH 1 tickets to be resold for £400 each

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dunno why people get so narked about touts. Especially for this game where anyone who wants a ticket and is half switched on will get one legally.

They are just trying to earn a living like everyone else.

If your only option to see an event is to buy a ticket off a tout then surely it's better than not going at all?

I've used touts a lot over the years and invariably for gigs you end up paying under face value if you leave it late enough in the day.
I understand what you’re saying but for me it’s more about access. I simply do not think it’s fair that someone with more money can leapfrog over everyone else. I know this is how life often works, but that doesn’t make it right. Football (and gig) organizers can make a difference and I’d prefer it if they did.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Long boring story of teen angst, lead to me buying Wembley tickets off a Ukrainian selling via a ticket tout. £450 for my wife and kids to see Harry Fecking Styles. My wife was bricking it, assumed they were fakes and she'd be turned away and our daughters hearts torn asunder. She was ecstatic when they all got in, no questions asked.
They had such an amazing time it was hard to feel I'd spunked the money on some talentless knob.
Also feel like I've given my fair share to help the Ukrainian war effort.
My employers often feel the same.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I wonder how many people/websites have bought Club Wembley seats with the sole aim of touting them on? Most Wembley events will have decent secondary-market value attached to them.
Not normally an issue getting England tickets through the normal sales process.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not normally an issue getting England tickets through the normal sales process.
True. Some of the other events, gigs for example, must have some value though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wonder how many people/websites have bought Club Wembley seats with the sole aim of touting them on? Most Wembley events will have decent secondary-market value attached to them.
I would think quite a few. Worked with a contractor during the Poyet years who had Club Wembley as a tax dodge for his one man firm. Poyet did a Wembley lunch event with Peter Reid and me and a mate went on his membership.

He told me he did the Cup Final and a couple of England games every season and flogged the seat on for everything else. The ticket was in the company name so easy to pass checks.

Mr Phil

Nov 29, 2022
Do they check ID at Wembley especially? They’ve rooted out ticket sharing at club level quite nicely, so they not apply the same principles to FA Cup?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just trying to earn a living? They've got the money to buy the tickets in the first place. Anyone with a bit of spare cash could make a fortune doing this. Thankfully, most people have some morals.
Hahahahhahaha you clearly no nothing about it. If it was as easy as you make out and all you need is a bit of spare cash to make a fortune everyone would be doing it.

The "touts" I know it is their full time jobs.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Touts are killing the gig ticket buying business at the moment. Bots from touts and the underhand actions of the ticket agencies themselves are clearly depriving fans of a chance at face value tickets on ticket buying days. Get another job other than being a parasite ripping off fans.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What we'll see is small pockets of Brighton tickets sold by supporters of London clubs who are 'members' of the Albion. I know of 4 such fans who joined the Albion membership scheme who support London teams, and they are only members so they can pretty much guarantee a ticket or two when they come to the Amex (even though they will sit in the home end).

A £25 membership is not a huge price to pay if you are so inclined. I'm not saying the 4 people I know who are members but not fans of the Albion have bought FA Cup Semi tickets to sell on, but sure as eggs are eggs a few with nefarious memberships might seek out such an opportunity to make a few quid this way.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here