Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

on topic - NFL Play Offs

modell

Sep 13, 2005
Brighton
Brovian said:
With a name like 'Modell' no wonder you support the Ravens! You're still hated in Cleveland!

Ha, nothing to do with that bloke, i just think the Ravens have a good D. I've got a soft spot for the Browns: bad team, good fans. And when i hear Baltimore i still think Colts.

Know they're more used to moving franchises around in the US but it always stinks. There's rumblings they might move the Bills from Buffalo and i could never watch the LA Bills.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Watched the game on sky and to be fair to Romo there is no way the Cowboys would have got to the play offs without him coming in and replacing Bledsoe. Yes if you had not guessed, I am a Cowboys fan and gutted but I don't blame TR at all. Terry Glenns fumble for a safety and the amount of times the likes of Owens dropped the ball cost us big style. I just hope that Jerry Jones has the balls to keep Parcells as at least he has turned us into a force again :clap:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
modell said:
Know they're more used to moving franchises around in the US but it always stinks. There's rumblings they might move the Bills from Buffalo and i could never watch the LA Bills.

How about the Portland Bills? It could happen, they have a basketball team in the NBA...

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
B.M.F said:
Watched the game on sky and to be fair to Romo there is no way the Cowboys would have got to the play offs without him coming in and replacing Bledsoe. Yes if you had not guessed, I am a Cowboys fan and gutted but I don't blame TR at all. Terry Glenns fumble for a safety and the amount of times the likes of Owens dropped the ball cost us big style. I just hope that Jerry Jones has the balls to keep Parcells as at least he has turned us into a force again :clap:

JJ has made it pretty clear that he wants BP to stay. I think it's down to whether Bill thinks he has the energy and enthusiasm for another season.

I think he'll want to stay, as he's spent too long tryting to build a side that can challenge, to walk away now just as we look like we are 1 or 2 players from being able to go all the way.

In defence of TO, he has had a finger injury for most of the season, which he has been playing through, and will now have operated on. That certainly accounts for some of his handling issues, although lack of concentration has also played it's part.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I must admit I have not been following the NFL for a couple of seasons. Can someone tell me why the Ridiers have turned out such a crap season after featuring the Superbowl just two seasons ago?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
modell said:
Felt sorry for Romo. I'm a Bills fan and i know all about playoff heartbreak (ours was much worse).

My head says the Ravens have the best chance this year but I'd love to see the Saints win the lot. Chargers v Pats should be the game of the weekend.:unclesam:

Nah, I despise the patriots. Very boring and ruthless, doesn't seem to generate any excitement.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Gritt23 said:
JJ has made it pretty clear that he wants BP to stay. I think it's down to whether Bill thinks he has the energy and enthusiasm for another season.

I think he'll want to stay, as he's spent too long tryting to build a side that can challenge, to walk away now just as we look like we are 1 or 2 players from being able to go all the way.

In defence of TO, he has had a finger injury for most of the season, which he has been playing through, and will now have operated on. That certainly accounts for some of his handling issues, although lack of concentration has also played it's part.

Lets hope so about BP mate. He has a good team there with a lot of probowlers which is good. I also understand about TO's injury but he did seem to lose concentration. If anyone can control him though it is Parcells.
Heres to next season though as it is about time we were back at the top :)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Perry Milkins said:
I must admit I have not been following the NFL for a couple of seasons. Can someone tell me why the Ridiers have turned out such a crap season after featuring the Superbowl just two seasons ago?

It's often the way, that a team will make it to the Superbowl as a bit of a last hurrah for quite a few veteran players who have just managed to claw together one final season. But afterwards they are suddenly far too old, or have just gone. There Superbowl appearance had the look of Leeds Utd winning the title in the early 90's. Not actually that good, but somehow had a pretty good season, but it wasn't going to be repeated.

Raiders also seem to have a whole lot of off the field issues. The owner thinks he'd be a great Head Coach, and interfers with far too much. He brought Art Shell back having said that he should never have got rid of him in the first place, but it just hasn't worked. Shell doesn't appear to have been exerting his usual authority of the players, and that's probably because he was rather disillusioned with how the owner has been running things, and undermining the coaches.

Shell has now gone (again) and I'm not sure people will be fighting themselves for the job.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Gritt23 said:
It's often the way, that a team will make it to the Superbowl as a bit of a last hurrah for quite a few veteran players who have just managed to claw together one final season. But afterwards they are suddenly far too old, or have just gone. There Superbowl appearance had the look of Leeds Utd winning the title in the early 90's. Not actually that good, but somehow had a pretty good season, but it wasn't going to be repeated.

Raiders also seem to have a whole lot of off the field issues. The owner thinks he'd be a great Head Coach, and interfers with far too much. He brought Art Shell back having said that he should never have got rid of him in the first place, but it just hasn't worked. Shell doesn't appear to have been exerting his usual authority of the players, and that's probably because he was rather disillusioned with how the owner has been running things, and undermining the coaches.

Shell has now gone (again) and I'm not sure people will be fighting themselves for the job.

Thanks. Oh for the days of Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen and Todd Christensen

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Perry Milkins said:
Thanks. Oh for the days of Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen and Todd Christensen

I used to be a massive fan of Marcus Allen, he was just superb.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
I'm not a big fan of the sport but...Peyton Manning is f***ing awesome.:)

I prefer Jeff Garcia. Complete and utter headcase. Quite happy to dive head first into 300 lbs DT's to get the first down which is very rare for a QB.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Da Man Clay said:
I prefer Jeff Garcia. Complete and utter headcase. Quite happy to dive head first into 300 lbs DT's to get the first down which is very rare for a QB.

As for headcases, did you see Jeremy Shockey playing on after he'd lost his helmet? Unbelievable, there were linebackers all around waiting to nail him, and he just dropped his shoulder and threw himself in for the extra yardage.

:bowdown:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Gritt23 said:
As for headcases, did you see Jeremy Shockey playing on after he'd lost his helmet? Unbelievable, there were linebackers all around waiting to nail him, and he just dropped his shoulder and threw himself in for the extra yardage.

:bowdown:
:lolol:

He is a total nutcase as that could quite easily have injured him pretty bad. He was playing with a ruined ankle aswell. Must admit he is one of my favourite players as he plays with so much passion and intensity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here