Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Like father like son. .

This

The 'moaning bastard' gene is dominant

Harsh.

I'd rate the two Grimsby chaps as some of the better football opinions to listen to on here (as I would both of you to be fair), might not agree with it but respect it more than some of the other shite that gets posted on football matters. Not trying to kiss anyones arse here btw.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We were awful. Easily the worst I've seen us play all season.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We were awful. Easily the worst I've seen us play all season.

Poor but Watford was worse.

Blaming the referee though is ridiculous, he was not responsible for us having no corners, no shots on targets and only two crosses in 90 minutes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First half was moribound we were dreadful, our friend today was the goal post - saved us three times

Albion Rob

Blaming the referee though is ridiculous, he was not responsible for us having no corners, no shots on targets and only two crosses in 90 minutes.

I think it was his fault we never had a corner having awarded us one at the end of the first half then promptly blowing for HT - usually refs let them be taken.

I thought he was a homer, their defence was holding on to Vokes all game and we got hadly anything yet the slightest touch saw a free kick for them.

Overall though we were poor. Funny how Forest just seem to have our number. Even funnier that we've taken 4 pts off them....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it was his fault we never had a corner having awarded us one at the end of the first half then promptly blowing for HT - usually refs let them be taken.

I thought he was a homer, their defence was holding on to Vokes all game and we got hadly anything yet the slightest touch saw a free kick for them.

Overall though we were poor. Funny how Forest just seem to have our number. Even funnier that we've taken 4 pts off them....

It was the same ref that we had at Middlesbrough away, and he was poor then.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

But we did have a corner! Trouble is, he blew for half-time before he allowed us to take it! You must admit that he was a terrible homer?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Watford and Coventry were much worse.

I didn't go to those, so as I said the worst I've seen! Just pleased we got a point from it!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Would have taken a point before the game. If we can play abysmally away and still get points, we'll get to the playoffs. 3 points at the Amex against 'Boro, Reading, Watford and Brum and scraps away would do me.

ETA: Yes, Watford was far far worse.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Gave the ball away far too much, we we crap but the ref was far worse! Still 4th with the possibility of spoiling a few celebrations in the games left to come!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But we did have a corner! Trouble is, he blew for half-time before he allowed us to take it! You must admit that he was a terrible homer?

Nearly all the refs allow the corner to be taken but not this one , he also liked to play the advantage until Forest lost the ball 30 seconds afterwards and then blew up for a free kick against us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Nearly all the refs allow the corner to be taken but not this one , he also liked to play the advantage until Forest lost the ball 30 seconds afterwards and then blew up for a free kick against us.

He also gave us a free kick in similar circumstances. Refs may be crap but they are not biased. We deserved nothing from two matches against Forest, and we poached four points.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gave the ball away far too much, we we crap but the ref was far worse! Still 4th with the possibility of spoiling a few celebrations in the games left to come!

Brezovan did a worthy imitation of Kuipers with some of his goal kicks in the first half. Too many passes going astray or too short didn't help.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I still don't quite understand how a 4-5-1 formation with a very combative midfield of Bridders, Navarro, Sparrow, Barnes and Razak sitting in front of the back four could not hold Forest at bay for the last 15 minutes. We won possession loads of times but rather than putting their foot on the ball and just playing it around the back like we can, we were either too easily bullied off the ball or just hoofed it upfield, giving away possession so inviting more pressure. OK there was no outlet up front or out wide but surely we are better than that.

Having been to most of the away games (except Blackpool - by all accounts no different) it is so apparent just how easily our midfield is rolled over by even the average teams. Yet we start games brightly and just as we look like imposing control some silly lapse of concentration gives the initiative away and we struggle to get it back. We end up playing too deep and inviting the opposition to come onto us. It is scary just how many chances opposition like Millwall, Watford, Posh, Hull, Donny and Forest (all bottom third sides) could create and we end up playing rearguard actions, tackles become desperate and we give poor Refs the chance to make a name for themselves. That very positive 3-1 win at Cardiff seems like a long time ago. I fear we would get battered in the Premiership.

Inspite of this we are still 4th so most things must be ok, but do feel we could be more solid if Gus was a tad more positive and maybe played a second striker. Yesterday was up there with the Watford game for being the least chances I have seen a decent Albion side create. I recall the last time we were in the hunt for promotion to the top flight part of our success was the threat we carried up front whether playing home or away. Home sides couldn't attack at their will because we were so potent going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here