Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home - poor performance and a shit referee

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Arguably one of our worst performances thus season today, showed them to much respect and gave them far too much time on the ball. Feels like a defeat but its certainly a point gained as they were far far the better team and hit the inside of the post twice.

That referee has to be the worst in English football, never have I seen such a one-sided homer. Gave them everything and us nothing. Arguably should have been a free-kick for the push on Mattock when pressing forward before they hoofed it up field and put it home.

We need to play a lot better but at least we're still 4th as it stands.

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Like father like son.

What was Sparrow sent off for? It might suprise you, but Warren Aspinall wasn't too clear on the radio.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It seems like we saved two of our worst performances of the season for Forest but still managed to take 4 points off them.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like father like son.

What was Sparrow sent off for? It might suprise you, but Warren Aspinall wasn't too clear on the radio.

Second yellow.

First was for a high foot, which apparently drew blood. Sounded like the second was for pulling the forest player back.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Like father like son.

I think it was Razak who lost the ball so, him and Sparrow both pulled him down, was a yellow card on my opinion

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Shit performance and we still came away with a point.???

Yep, can argue and say it's a good point as they clearly deserved all three. Barring Vicente we looked an average poor side.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yep, can argue and say it's a good point as they clearly deserved all three. Barring Vicente we looked an average poor side.

Away from home, yes. I know it's difficult for you, and your dad, and the other Northern based fans but we are so different at home to how we are away, it's amazing. I've only been to Leeds and Doncaster this season unfortunately, but on the evidence of those two games and listening to the reactions from fans who have been to the away games, it sounds like almost a completely different team most of the time.

I think last season spoilt us. We were brilliant at home, and equally brilliant away. Welcome back to reality.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus wasn't happy with the performance either. Something along the lines of 'we're supposed to play the same way away as we do at home and players didn't do that. Perhaps need ot change the personnel'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got out of jail nearly with three points but another weekend over and still in the mix with only a few games left - good enough for me.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Back home - drinking wine and reflecting on a long day out...........good point away from home is my current view!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Back home - drinking wine and reflecting on a long day out...........good point away from home is my current view!

Did you do New Years Eve at bottom club Coventry and we lose 2-0? That was a crap journey home and still had to celebrate bringing in 2012!

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Did you do New Years Eve at bottom club Coventry and we lose 2-0? That was a crap journey home and still had to celebrate bringing in 2012!

No I didn't - must have been really painful. Big respect. By the way bloody love your avatar!! Got to be the new flag?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No I didn't - must have been really painful. Big respect. By the way bloody love your avatar!! Got to be the new flag?

We went 16th that day, worst position of the season, then the 2012 run took over thank God!

Assuming Mr Vicente Rodriguez stays with us next season I shall be making this into a nice big flag for the WSU.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
We went 16th that day, worst position of the season, then the 2012 run took over thank God!

Assuming Mr Vicente Rodriguez stays with us next season I shall be making this into a nice big flag for the WSU.
I sit in the east and am planning to be in the east upper next season so really hope to see your flag!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here