Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home from Brum

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We're on the 17:52 from Snow Hill to Marylebone. free wi-fi. How's virgin tonight. Was crap earlier so gave it a miss for way home. don't fancy bus home from Three Bridges, it broke down in Cuckfield this morning and hit a few kerbs, in the daylight. Could well be worse in the dark!

17.50 from Brum is about to arrive at Euston 10 minutes late - 17.30 was cancelled.

Better than expected !!!

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Chilterns 17:52 is running ok, just a few Bha on board. Due Marylebone at 1956. Should make 2032 from Vic, change 3 bridges for fast bus to Brighton.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Much respect for the 1100 or so who braved the cold, travel chaos and the fact the game might not of even gone ahead! You sounded fantastic for 90 mins on the radio!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1,221 Albion fans :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just got in, superbly clear run in the car back.

Very disappointed, but can't fault them really, just an individual uncharacteristic error, can't legislate for that. We were on top for most of the game. Great to see Vicente back. With Ulloa in, I've got a feeling we might explode into a real run of form!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was the same old. We tried to kill the game and get a two goal lead then with 20 minutes left we sat back and tried to hang on which basically came down to whether Zigic could get a header on target which he eventually did.

Then when we went back on the attack again for two mins we nearly scored. Top save by their keeper from Hammond.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
just got back

i'd say the 1200 today were much louder than the 2000 last season...although today was a far better match to be fair!

just sat back yet again and we could see the goal coming. still if it wasn't for an incredible save from Rutland at the death we'd be sitting here with 3 points

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It was the same old. We tried to kill the game and get a two goal lead then with 20 minutes left we sat back and tried to hang on which basically came down to whether Zigic could get a header on target which he eventually did.

Then when we went back on the attack again for two mins we nearly scored. Top save by their keeper from Hammond.

Plenty of chances to get a third goal with Butland making some terrific saves. Zigic's header looped up in the air towards Kuszcak which he caught with both hands but then spilled it into the net.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Much respect for the 1100 or so who braved the cold, travel chaos and the fact the game might not of even gone ahead! You sounded fantastic for 90 mins on the radio!

Can't remember such a relentless 90 mins of singing just got home now and I'm still hoarse

And a great moment at the end chanting "we've got a big pole in the goal " first mistake all season (great keeper )
Greer came over throwing his shirt in the crowd , I think the players really appreciated our support today after conceding that late goal they could of sulked of the pitch but every player came over to applaud the fans appreciation from both fans and players today :albion2: :thumbsup:

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Can't remember such a relentless 90 mins of singing just got home now and I'm still hoarse
I honestly can't think of a minute throughout the game we weren't singing
And a great moment at the end chanting "we've got a big pole in the goal " first mistake all season (great keeper )
Greer came over throwing his shirt in the crowd , I think the players really appreciated our support today after conceding that late goal they could of sulked of the pitch but every player came over to applaud the fans appreciation from both fans and players today :albion2: :thumbsup:

Like I said, credit to you all! Almost drove up there at the last minute but my mrs have me that look that said no f***ing way :)

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Weird game. Thought we suffered by a) not starting with a recognised winger and b) being too casual in our approach play. Brum looked lethargic, lacking in ideas and were there for the taking. Great to see Vicente back and the goals were fantastic, but we really should have been out of sight by the time that lumbering oaf headed straight at Tomasz. I thought Calderon, Lopez and Barnes played especially well today. For the record, no worries about Kuszczak. He has and will continue to gain points for us. Quite weird to see us not play that well but still do enough to comfortably win the game. Hopefully Ulloa will be cleared for Tuesday.

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
we got back at 8.30, roads were really quiet both going this morning and coming back this evening. Glad we went in the end, i was a bit dubious this morning but was a good game which we really should have won but wont dwell on it -onwards and upwards as they say. Im finding it frustrating at the moment because i can see the makings of something very special when i watch the Albion, some of our play would grace the highest levels of the Prem League. When things all fall into place i can see us being unstoppable and walking this division. Apart from Watford at the Amex i cant remember any other team that has outplayed us although i havent been to all the away matches this season. All teams and players make mistakes its just that ours always seem to end up costing us dear.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Plenty of chances to get a third goal with Butland making some terrific saves. Zigic's header looped up in the air towards Kuszcak which he caught with both hands but then spilled it into the net.

This when is Gus finaly going to drop McSmudger, we were playing with 10 men again today he contributed nothing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here