Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Food] 'On the turn' meals

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
The Rottingdean restaurant I worked in as a teen used to proudly display a poached salmon in a cabinet. When the salmon started to turn it was removed and turned into salmon mousse.

Seems The Coach House is still there, 40 years on, but more a pub these days.
is the same salmon still there? šŸ¤®šŸ¤¢

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
While I do admire the ā€œno wasteā€ ethic, after a childhood of my Stepfather hoarding food (any type of food, I mean anything) until it was damn near putrid, putting it into a pot, adding sickening amounts of garlic and then coming up with something that tastes the same every time, no matter what ingredients were in there.
Then being made to eat it or suffer him being in a childish sulk for three days and shout at my Mum for ā€œraising ungrateful little bratsā€

Heā€™d also fill three deep freezes with cheap meat and all sorts of things that shouldnā€™t be frozen like mussels and cheese. Heā€™d dig that out for years.

(It is no surprise to me that he suffered from stomach and intestinal cancer later in life)

Iā€™m afraid I have no issues at all with throwing on the turn food out. And I enjoy having the freedom to do so .

I shop every two to three days to try and keep this to a minimum but this isnā€™t foolproof. I live on my own so when I buy bag of spinach, for example, Iā€™ll get through a third of it before it goes slimy and gets chucked in the pile at the bottom of my garden for the beasties to enjoy.

I donā€™t really like sauces and broths etc, preferring fairly plain smorgasbords of olives, cold meats, fruits etc.
None of which are nice on their own when on the turn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here