Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On good authority - Wayne Henderson To Join From Villa

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I was told this by a Villain fan mate who just happened to be in their ticket office this morning when he overheard what was happening, of course he decided to me straight away.

My mate reckons he is a great prospect and was part of their FA Youth Cup winning team of a few years ago. He also tells me that he almost joined QPR a few weeks ago, but the deal broke down at a late stage.

Rusco

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Apparently Villa wanted a fee from QPR. A month gives him a chance to impress, clarify the Blayney option and Kuipers get's closer to fitness.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He's come up through the Republic of Ireland ranks, playing at all levels up to u-21's. I reckon he might be okay as a stop gap until Soton make up their minds about Blayney or we find somebody else.

It's better than having Martin in goals, that's for sure.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Uncle Buck said:
Based on what? He has hardly played many games and like Blaney is young.

I didnt personally think Blayney was as good as many on here. If hes an U21 international then he should be better than Blayney.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Albion Dan said:
I didnt personally think Blayney was as good as many on here. If hes an U21 international then he should be better than Blayney.

Wasn't Blayney an u21 international?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
I heard it from the chairman himself so it must be true! :)

Were you also discussing our Seagulls World compensation at the time :lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Saints fans don't rate Blayney at all you know, in fact they can't understand why we keep raving about him. Maybe this Henderson fella will turn out to be even better.
But Saints fans are goons. ???

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Jonathon Livingstone said:
We tried to get him on loan back in January, but it was blocked by the Football League because of some technicality.
Yes,the technicality of him being on a season long loan to Notts County!!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just need a reasonable goalie with at least some experience for Sat... someone, anyone who meets the criteria... why not Henderson?...

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Uncle Buck said:
I have to say with Blayney I did think there were still flaws in his game. Against West Ham he was so slow off his line for the second goal it was worrying, but things like that could be coached out of him.

I agreee, and it was also my big concern about how he was on 1 v 1 situations, or his reaction to situations in general. I think there are better keepers about, obviously we dont know about Henderson but he must have soemthing about him to get u21 honours for a side like the Republic.

TONY

Jul 27, 2004
HANTS
Southampton have had a slight embarresment of riches when it comes to keepers but i recall Blaney winning save of the season down here 2 seasons ago when he came in at the latter part.

Still hope we sign Blaney

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Great news. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here