Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a scale of 1-10

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Crap Town are high up the list for me and only because of their fans.

1985 (evening match at Crap Town 2-4 to Albion)about 40 of there mob turned about 6 of us; enough said.

Did you get battered ? :)

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
How much do you hate Palace? Bearing in mind you hate Pompey/Southampton/Millwall/Crawley/Croydon blah blah blah. I'm sure there are some sensible answers available, enlighten me, 'cos i think you love to hate us :fishing:

Personally

Brighton 7
Millwall 7
:wanker: Charlton :wanker: 10

crawley? Dont hate them, sussex team I cheer the on, and mates are crawley/albion.
Southampton? Dont hate them, why would I? Saints are nothing to do with us
Pompey - no you are talking but actually enjoy the old pompey / albion games, so probably only 7.5
palace = 10 of course, tho you need to win a major trophy before you are good enough to be our rivals.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Palace probably a 5. I always want them to lose, but in the cup final against United I wanted them to win. Jordan is a complete arse, but I do have a grudging admiration for his motormouth ways, and his hatred of agents. As prize a plum as he is, he has put a lot of money into the club and shagged some good looking birds. I also think that the rivalry with Palace has paradoxically helped REMF raise funds in terms of the football games and golf days, and that is the bigger picture.
Manchester United are an 8 (they were a 10 but a few things in the last couple of years have reduced my dislike of them).
Leeds are a 9, odious chairman, some unpleasant fans, thuggish history both on and off the park. Having said that, I would not want them to go out of business.
Pompey 4, Chesterfield 4

El P I do wonder if you support the albion at times. Palace winning the cup , my god w Ive come over in a cold sweat at the thought!

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
I don't condone the coin throwing and it's like but in the name of fairness and balance,we've experienced that stuff from your lot too you know.

Not saying you haven't because i know there is far worse things that could have been thrown! I was only 11-12 at the time and it was no more than a few cm from my eye. The fact one of your stewards then tried to kick me out of the ground in the 85th minute for shouting 1-0 and making a 1 and a 0 with my fingers just bloody annoyed me, Thankfuly i managed to stay in til the end I would of hated to miss Morrison have a goal ruled out :clap2::clap2:

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
palace = 10 of course, tho you need to win a major trophy before you are good enough to be our rivals.

Can u please shut up about this MAJOR TROPHY?

Top Division champions - MAJOR
F.A Cup - MAJOR
European Champions - MAJOR
The Leauge Cup - SEMI-MAJOR
Charity Shield - NOTHING!!

Why don't we class the JPT southern final as a major cup final? Your an Embarrassment to the club at times. :rant:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Can u please shut up about this MAJOR TROPHY?

Top Division champions - MAJOR
F.A Cup - MAJOR
European Champions - MAJOR
The Leauge Cup - SEMI-MAJOR
Charity Shield - NOTHING!!

Why don't we class the JPT southern final as a major cup final? Your an Embarrassment to the club at times. :rant:

Never - champions of england, sounds quite major to me

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Like a lot of people on here, I've been to quite a few Palace-Brighton games both home and away. The away ones have been the most interesting...I was at the game where Von Ryans Express got his legs broken by that frickin cheating bastard Henry H. Christ did it kick off after that or what. I was at the 'five penalties' game as well and can remember waiting to get in the away end and being called "scum" by a passing fat pikey. I missed the five nil and the recent 1-0 win. But after all that and all the other games - do I really hate Palace? Mmmmmm. six I reckon. As spielsy said - we haven't been in the same division for many seasons so it's not been on the agenda. Plus I've got a friend who's a Palace season ticket holder and I definitely don't hate him. I've given him a good nickname though - it's 'YPC' - the first two words are 'You Palace.......' and I'll leave the last word to your imaginations my friends.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Never - champions of england, sounds quite major to me

hole.jpg

Palace are a bigger club - when we are doing better season in season out then we can brag about how good we are. Now f*** OFF :rant:

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
hole.jpg

Palace are a bigger club - when we are doing better season in season out then we can brag about how good we are. Now f*** OFF :rant:

I suppose in your lifetime palace have been in a higher division but I calculate that if you were 12 when we won 1-0 (4 years ago was it?) then i suppose I was roughly watching the albion for 15 years longer than you have been born. Bloody hell, I am getting old. I remember us bigger than them and Im not that old, I er dont think, but bloody hell maybe i am ! shit. There we go, by the way, Charlie Webb's daughter died the other week so dont do down their achievement. champions of England, just think and be proud of it. We wont do it again, and neither will palace match it. fanbloodytastic, enjoy it I do

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Lets face it, we havent got any natural rivals. Palace were adopted in the 70's when it was fashionable to have a ' hatred ' for someone.
It has lingered with some BHA fans but it is outdated, tiresome and outrun its interest.
If you speak to Palace fans ( and most BHA fans don't, particularly some of the cretins who post on here )there is intense dislike for Charlton and amongst the older Palace fans, a long standing dislike of Millwall. BHA is regarded as a " Johnny come lately " rivalry that has completely lost its edge.
We are kidding ourselves if we think those at Selhurst are interested in us. Its a token gesture to a flame thats going out.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Lets face it, we havent got any natural rivals. Palace were adopted in the 70's when it was fashionable to have a ' hatred ' for someone.
It has lingered with some BHA fans but it is outdated, tiresome and outrun its interest.
If you speak to Palace fans ( and most BHA fans don't, particularly some of the cretins who post on here )there is intense dislike for Charlton and amongst the older Palace fans, a long standing dislike of Millwall. BHA is regarded as a " Johnny come lately " rivalry that has completely lost its edge.
We are kidding ourselves if we think those at Selhurst are interested in us. Its a token gesture to a flame thats going out.

not true mate. the evening standard does a poll of rivals and every year albion top the palace poll of rivals. Ive also lived that area and btn are number one enemy, trust me they love it, in fact probably more than us. charlton came ou of groundsharing and was stoked up by charlton fans as they didnt have a rival as illwall hate the hammers and palace the albion. But yep people even older than me remember pompey, luton and chesterfield as rivals as much or more than palace. But rivalries start somewhere.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
10 from me no question and I made that point quite clear yesterday when driving away from yeovils ground there was a guy wearing a scummers shirt!!!! needless to say the window was down and he got the abuse he deserved!!

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
10 from me no question and I made that point quite clear yesterday when driving away from yeovils ground there was a guy wearing a scummers shirt!!!! needless to say the window was down and he got the abuse he deserved!!

Undid the window and abused him whilst driving away....how brave....i bet you laughed and laughed. Everywhere we are, everywhere :thumbsup:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Hate isn't the right word but it means more to beat them than anyone else, and hurts more when we lose.

At work, the Palace fans and I have an understanding of each other based on shared experience, and a mutual distaste for the premiership poseurs.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Undid the window and abused him whilst driving away....how brave....i bet you laughed and laughed. Everywhere we are, everywhere :thumbsup:

I grant you the braveness was on his part in being there in the first place but i did what i had to do. you are also right again there are f***ing pikeys everywhere

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
I grant you the braveness was on his part in being there in the first place but i did what i had to do. you are also right again there are f***ing pikeys everywhere

Pikeys, ha ha. When i was a debt collector, most of my work was collecting from runners who had fled to the coast. Most of those were pikeys.

You are are right about brave on his behalf though, i wouldn't do that outside yours or the caravan dwellers ground :wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here