Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On a drunken night out, i stole...

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We had a tradition on my mates birthday every year we would nick the same sign directing to the toilets of a pub in horsham and would return it th enext morning leaving it by the back door. It must've done their hea din as we did it about 6 year sin a row exactly the same each year. One year we even had our photo taken with the landlord and whilst posing my mate held the sign above his head and quickly pulle dit down after the pic was taken.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
tinx said:
We had a tradition on my mates birthday every year we would nick the same sign directing to the toilets of a pub in horsham and would return it th enext morning leaving it by the back door. It must've done their hea din as we did it about 6 year sin a row exactly the same each year. One year we even had our photo taken with the landlord and whilst posing my mate held the sign above his head and quickly pulle dit down after the pic was taken.
thats quality!was the sign never replaced then whilst you lot had it?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
No cause we returned the the next morning complete with a bag containing allt he screws we unscrewed formt he wall.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Friends of mine had been on a drunken session in Bristol and decided to have a competition to see what they could steal. They split up into two groups and decided to meet back at the house where they were staying. One group were out till about 1.30, and after not having much success, returned home with a few bus stop posters and assorted road signs. When they got back, the others were already sitting round watching tv. When they asked what they had returned with, they directed them towards the bathroom where they found, in the bath.....

.....a penguin.

Somehow, they had managed to steal a penguin from Bristol zoo! Of course they took it back in the morning, then pegged it back to Brighton before they got in deep shit!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
This is nothing compared to a penguin, but the best one I've ever done was during a drunken night out in Lancaster (where I went to Uni).

On the way back home we came across one of those sandwich board things that some pubs have outside advertising food and drinks promotions. I looked good, so we nicked it and put it in the back of the cab we got into. It stayed in the flat for a few days until we went back to the same place and noticed that there was a sign behind the bar offering 88 free pints to anyone who could return the sign.

We suspected that we wouldn't get the beer and just get barred, so we gave the sign to my mates Dad, a respectable landlord at one of the campus bars who took it back and said that some drunken students had left it in his bar. Having claimed his 88 free pints (in drinks vouchers) he returned to divide them up between the four of us, giving us 22 free beers each.

Who ever said crime doesn't pay?

:drink:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
D'Angelo Saxon said:
Friends of mine had been on a drunken session in Bristol and decided to have a competition to see what they could steal. They split up into two groups and decided to meet back at the house where they were staying. One group were out till about 1.30, and after not having much success, returned home with a few bus stop posters and assorted road signs. When they got back, the others were already sitting round watching tv. When they asked what they had returned with, they directed them towards the bathroom where they found, in the bath.....

.....a penguin.

Somehow, they had managed to steal a penguin from Bristol zoo! Of course they took it back in the morning, then pegged it back to Brighton before they got in deep shit!

quality :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
On an Island hopping trip round Greek Isles some 12 years ago managed to acquire a sculpture of a Greek God's head in Mykanos. Not sure how we got it back tot he hostel but it weighed a tonne taking it back to it's rightful owner the next day.

And then in Ios came across a bar shut down early for the winter and liberated the stock which was mainly dregs of the brightly coloured terps they sold during the season. But there was a couple of cases of Chocolate Milk which we duly redistributed to the island's population at about 6am shouting 'Milko, Milko'.

A few funny looks and amazingly a few thankyous the next day.

jg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
a mate of mine pinched a bike on the stagger from Brighton to Shoreham once about 15 years ago now, he pedalled of in his direction . . .when I next saw him in the week he had a plaster cast on his arm . . . . the bike he nicked had a coaster back pedal break, which caused him to crash and break his wrist, I got home at 4 am, he was at Worthing casualty all night :lolol:

we've stolen all the gnomes out of the garden on Shoreham beach once . . . .and carefully placed them all in the neighbours garden, along with swapping all the gates over . . . .hopefully that caused a neighbourly feud in the morning :lolol:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I, erm, ripped off a 6ft long London Underground stations sign from a tube after a boozy day out at Leyton Orient in early 90s.....and it hung in my room at University for a few months until I realised how ridiculous it looked :nono: :shrug:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
About 20 years ago my mate has his stag nighht in a room above a "nice" wine bar/restaurant. After much drinking and jollity, before we left we took down every bit of their brass ornamental collection (horse brasses, horns, ornaments etc) and "sneaked out" with them through the main bar/restaurant - there must have been several hundred pounds worth of stuff in our pockets.

In the cold light of the next sober morning, we realised that they had my mates address and contact details - and so he had to take them all back, and apologise.

They were remarkably understanding given the circumstances.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Myself and some mates liberated a massive wooden guiness Brick Jenga set, from a pub/club in Southampton, after the owner had shafted us (not literally) on a couple of occasions.

Bricks down the front of all our trousers, and up jacket sleeves etc, must have looked quite bizarre. bouncers just stared at us???

Still have about 15 of the bricks in my falt as a reminder of the said night. ( I would add, this is a family friendly version of the story:lolol: )

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
A couple of mates of mine turned the cross on the Mound in Lewes upside down shortly before Easter. The hullabaloo that followed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here