Omlets

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Artichoke and Bacon Frittata

Ingredients
1 small onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons butter
Two 6-ounce jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped (reserve liquid from one jar)
8 eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup bread crumbs
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Paprika for color
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until transparent; add artichokes and liquid from one jar. Heat for 2 minutes. In a bowl, lightly beat eggs; add cheese, bread crumbs, artichoke mixture, and bacon. Mix together and place in a greased 9-inch quiche pan. Back for 25 minutes, until set. Sprinkle frittata with jack cheese, if desired, and bake for 5 more minutes.

Note: All can be done the night before; keep the egg and artichoke mixture separate. Add together in morning and bake.

Serves: 8

Bon apetit :wave:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
some sort of quiche I think watson:

Farmer's Frittata
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4

Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 potatoes, diced into 1cm chunks
2 bacon rashers, diced
6 eggs
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
A little butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

Heat oil in heavy pan. Add potatoes and bacon.

Cook over a medium heat 5 - 7 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain well on paper towel.

Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper. Mix in the parsley. Tip the potato mixture into the eggs and mix well to combine.

Melt a little butter in a frypan, pour in the mixture and cook over a low heat until nearly set.

Place under a pre-heated grill and cook the top of the omelette until golden and set.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
COFFEE CUSTARD

Ingredients
Instant-coffee granules 1 tsp
Sugar 1½ cup
Eggs 6
Milk 2¼ cups
Cocoa powder 1 tsp

Method

Dissolve coffee & cocoa powder in ¼ cup of water over low flame. When done keep aside. In large bowl beat egg and sugar until well blended. Boil milk add egg mixture, coffee mixture to it. Stir well & cook until thick when done transfer it to serving bowl. Cool & refrigerate until required.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Spork...I've got a punk song about Spork's :D done by the Lunachicks redland before you ask ;)

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Grandma's Lemon Meringue Pie

This is the definitive recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie lovers!

Ingredients:

1-¼ C Sugar
½ C Flour
½ t Salt
1-½ C Water
3 Eggs, separated
Zest from 1 medium lemon
Juice from 1-½ medium lemons
1 T Butter
1 Baked, cooled 9" pie crust
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F.

Combine the sugar, flour, salt and water in a heavy saucepan. Stir constantly over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Boil, stirring constantly and vigorously, for 1 minute. (A long-handled spoon to stir with really helps here to get you back from the heat.) Remove from heat.

Slightly beat the egg yolks in a bowl with a fork. Mix half the boiled mixture with the egg yolks. Then put the egg yolk mixture back into the pan with the boiled ingredients, and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly and, again, vigorously. Remove from heat, and add the butter.

Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir to mix thoroughly.

Pour into cooled, baked 9-inch pie crust and top with meringue (recipes follow), sealing meringue to edge of pastry. Bake in a 375°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until nicely browned.

Meringue
3 Egg whites (from extra large or jumbo eggs), at room temperature
5 T Sugar
½ t Vanilla
¼ t Cream of tartar
Beat the egg whites on high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add the cream of tartar, then gradually add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in the vanilla.
Pile atop pie, and bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Generally speaking, the proportion of sugar to egg whites is not quite 2 to 1 (e.g., for a 4-egg meringue, use about 6 tablespoons of sugar; vanilla and cream of tartar can remain the same).

Be sure to seal the meringue to the pastry edge when spreading it on your pie. Also, remember that meringue pies cut better with a wet knife blade.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Italiaseagull said:
omelette.jpg

Urgh. I love omlettes and had f all to eat today, seeing that hit me in the gut, gonna go home and have cheese one, my fav.

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
watsongooal said:
Italia, Can you put up a recipe for your mothers meatballs?

Meatballs Modena Style

These meatballs use cooked meat and a potato. They are a delicious variation on standard meatballs. We tried them with tomato sauce and on their own. Both ways were delicious.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups finely chopped leftover cooked meats (chicken, pork, beef)
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 small eggs
1/4 cup grated parmigiano cheese
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1 medium potato, boiled and mashed
1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon
To Cook

1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmigiano cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup olive oil

METHOD

Combine meat, bread crumbs, eggs, cheese nutmeg, potato and bouillon in a bowl. Mix well by hand. Make small meatballs by rolling in palm of hand.

In a plate blend together bread crumbs and parmigiano cheese. Roll meatballs in this bread crumb mixture.

In a large frying pan heat butter and olive oil. When hot, add meatballs and brown on all sides. When done add to your favorite marinara sauce.

Serves 4-6 people. (This also freezes well.)

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Italia. Can you guarentee that the meatballs freeze well

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Oi Bird what about my Coffee Custard:angry:

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Hmmph

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Baked Beans on toast with melted cheese on top last night! Dont do breakfast myself, usually wait until my gut starts hurting then run upto Subway :D

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Nope Quorn pie and noodles last night, bit of a rush job had to go to see me folks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here