Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Omg....I think we're gonna win the league after all !!!!

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Squad is looking healthier - glad we're not relying on the League One level experience to get us launched into the new season (eg: Painter, Dicker, Ankergren). But I do think there is a lot of over-excitement here - even a lot of good players don't always make a team - as Real Madrid found out a few years ago.

We were well off the pace when it really counted last year at the sharp and business end of the season - and we weren't good enough to hold a play-off place. Probably we need to consider that to crack a play-off place this year will be success.

All that said, why not get excited - it hasn't been this good for nearly 30 years. And with the Premier League money going through the roof again in a year's time there is no time like now (this season) to put some parachute payments on the books for coming seasons.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hard to not get excited really (and I'm the sort that doesn't like to get carried away LOL :D)

Our defence + keeper are looking VERY strong now imo. All defensive positions sorted with decent enough backups too.

Essentially, if we get a new striker and Centre Mid, we're sorted I think but even if we don't, we're still strong (certainly a lot stronger than a year ago).

Obviously it's all got to gel together so will have to wait and see.

And what with the stadium expansion, it's looking like exciting times ahead! :D

Exactly on signings still needed.

Gus revealed 2/3 way through season that our CM particularly was tired from battling against athletic tall powerful midfields. We still need that tallish powerhouse, and the proven top 2 leagues goal poacher.

Gus on the case!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You know that. I know that. Acker79 knows that. Just keep it between ourselves for the moment.
We need a strong, intelligent centre forward capable of holding the ball up. Someone like Jason Roberts would do fine.

Get him, and we'll be in the top 6 all season, challenging for the title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here