Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympomania or Borismania?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boris is a pantomime cart horse, I just feel sorry for the Londoner's who voted for him:facepalm:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've not seen so many good decent people gathered together like that for a long time!!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Putting party politics to one side, any neutral can see the passion and pride in the guy for his city. He was visibly upset with the riots last year - it's time that politicians across the spectrum at least tried to give the impression that they care beyond their careerist ambitions. People are fed up with the double-talk and lip-service - they want people that at least share their feelings. For all his faults, Boris is at least one of those.

He's eccentric for sure, but that's part of his appeal. A speech full of humour and mild jingoism - a welcome albeit temporary salve for the crippling negativity that comes from the British national disease of cynicism.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It was like a NSC rant without the smiies "France, Australia, Germany etc, we are going to stuff you up" we need more win mentality in this country not taking part mentality

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Boris is a pantomime cart horse, I just feel sorry for the Londoner's who voted for him:facepalm:

Don't feel sorry for them, they deserve everything they get. Feel sorry for us Londoners that DIDN'T vote for him and still have to put up with him.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Boris is nob, but a very likeable nob - I think he gets it. Good work Boris!

Seems like a fair summary to me.

At least he's not doing that thing some politicians do of desperately trying to appear "cool" and "with it" when they're in fact middle aged men who would have no concept of "cool" if it walked up and smacked them in the face.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
"The excitement is growing so much I think the Geiger counter of Olympo-mania is going to go zoink"

Can you imagine what Ken would have been like up there? A different, and much worse type of embarrassment.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I BLOODY LOVE BORIS.

In a country full of DULLARDS we have one political figure who is a right LAUGH.

Yes you can argue all you want about policies etc etc, but listen, the crowd are actually CHANTING a politicians name. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here