Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

olympix

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I don't know the rules with the relay but Pickering was holding the baton before his foot went down over the line? Is it measured on his chest or did Marlon have to have let it go before the line?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he has failed us!!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't know the rules with the relay but Pickering was holding the baton before his foot went down over the line? Is it measured on his chest or did Marlon have to have let it go before the line?

I don't know but I think it wouldn't have been spotted if the BBC hadn't kept going on and on and on about it before the results were released ! :censored:

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
But wasn't it the case that as Britain were disqaulified that the next country went through, thus opening up the place for fastest looser, and then wasn't it China who then filled that place? So perhaps if China were through already or whatever, they may have allowed them to continue? Or am i grasping at straws here.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
But wasn't it the case that as Britain were disqaulified that the next country went through, thus opening up the place for fastest looser, and then wasn't it China who then filled that place? So perhaps if China were through already or whatever, they may have allowed them to continue? Or am i grasping at straws here.

Grasp those straws. Because only 4 teams finished in the first heat, four would always qualify from this heat with the possibility of a fifth if that was a fastest loser. Even if China had qualified automatically the next team down would probably have lodged a complaint. Point is we broke the rules and were disqualified no two ways about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here