Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Torch to go past Goldstone retail park

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I had visions of Fat Boy Slim passing it on to Gus then to Mike Yardy, Chris Eubank, Steve Ovett, Sally Gunnell, interspersed with 62 year old Peter Witcomb from Brighton and 12 year old Freddy Mouland from Peacehaven etc..

Get this man on the organising committee :vuvu:

Although you need to add Mushy and get Kuipers involved when it goes to Crawley.

I assumed the torch bearers would be a mix of sports people/celbrities and nominated people from the local area, but in Brighton and Hove there are people from Northampton, Preston, France and Germany!!

I had visions of Fat Boy Slim passing it on to Gus then to Mike Yardy, Chris Eubank, Steve Ovett, Sally Gunnell, interspersed with 62 year old Peter Witcomb from Brighton and 12 year old Freddy Mouland from Peacehaven etc..

Not Guerchet Gaelle from Malville, Isabelle Bailly from Argenteuil or Steffen Trautmann from Erfurt

I think they've probably paid to get a glimpse of Mendoza - three chances apparently.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I assumed the torch bearers would be a mix of sports people/celbrities and nominated people from the local area, but in Brighton and Hove there are people from Northampton, Preston, France and Germany!!

Is there any truth, Westwood will be carrying the torch from the start at Fratton Park? :eek:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seafront celebration when it arrives in Brighton then. Cant wait!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Already held it. Its as light as a feather

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I heard on the radio that all this hype regarding the Torch is to draw attention to the fact that the Olympics are being held in England.
I wonder how many of those who supported our bid are still of the same opinion considering
1. The cost which is well above the original quote.
2. The security aspect which however much we spend, cannot protect us from those who are prepared to give up their lives.
3. The majority of top events going to the corporate business
4. T he country cant afford it.
5, It can be seen on TV

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I heard on the radio that all this hype regarding the Torch is to draw attention to the fact that the Olympics are being held in England.
I wonder how many of those who supported our bid are still of the same opinion considering
2. The security aspect which however much we spend, cannot protect us from those who are prepared to give up their lives.
5, It can be seen on TV

Already been to the veledrome and the site is amazing and the area around it been developed really well. Security was the same as an airport and not bad. Most the country will be hooked once its starts, I am working in North London at present and can see the orbit from miles away, it will look amazing when the flame is light.

We spend loads on wars for example and this will benefit the country and local Londoners for years. I agree LOCOG will make a foutune and the corporate side will be painfull to bear, but we will go to all the free stuff and hope and pray to bag a ticket for anything to be able to experience one of the biggeset sporting events on our door step, in our lifetimes.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe they're taking it past Fratton Park.

Let's hope it's chained securely to the runner, or the locals might try and sell it.

D

Deleted User X18H

West Blatchington ? An area you seldom hear of nowadays. West Blatchington actually runs from Hangleton Road twitten to the top of Snakey Hill and is above the boundary that is Hangleton Road.

There is a hedge within the playing fields of West Blatchington Junior School, that divides Blatch from the medieval village of Hangleton.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
5, It can be seen on TV

Well you're a ray of sunshine

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Is there any truth, Westwood will be carrying the torch from the start at Fratton Park? :eek:

Apparently he was simulating a cock up his arse at the Amex the other week. Well if he's that keen on trying it, why not give him the torch to practice on? If he is as thick as he looks, he'll probably forget to blow out the flame beforehand...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So all the "convoy to ......" bits are presumably when its in cars/lorries/whatever, if that's true, how crap is that going to be

That's rubbish, isn't it - why do they need to do that? I see there's a 'convoy' from Crowborough to Lewes, which means Uckfield misses out. What's the point of that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here