Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It'll be late, it's got to get out of Arundel first. :nono:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So all the "convoy to ......" bits are presumably when its in cars/lorries/whatever, if that's true, how crap is that going to be

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm finding it a LOT easier, now that the Amex is a reality.

Yeah, that really should have put an end to it really - you don't need to forget or even forgive what went on, but really we're in a better position all round now than anyone could have ever dreamed of, and if it took all the pain to get there, then it was probably worth it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, that really should have put an end to it really - you don't need to forget or even forgive what went on, but really we're in a better position all round now than anyone could have ever dreamed of, and if it took all the pain to get there, then it was probably worth it.
I'm not sure about this bit. Plenty of clubs have moved home whilst maintaining their fan base and natural levels of success. We've spent 15 years slumming it with Orient and Gillingham, who don't come close to the size of our fan base. Meanwhile, a club like Middlesbrough (who haven't been much bigger than us down the years) and Fulham (even smaller) have got to UEFA cup finals and had some cracking seasons along the way.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm not sure about this bit. Plenty of clubs have moved home whilst maintaining their fan base and natural levels of success. We've spent 15 years slumming it with Orient and Gillingham, who don't come close to the size of our fan base. Meanwhile, a club like Middlesbrough (who haven't been much bigger than us down the years) and Fulham (even smaller) have got to UEFA cup finals and had some cracking seasons along the way.

True, it's not a route we would have chosen, but given we are where we are, it was worth it now, no ?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
ITS A COMING PAST MY HOUSE:rolleyes:

So will you be organising a protest about allowing Dow Chemicals to be a sponsor?

After all, for a split second, your house will be the focus of the world's attention. Well, the handful of people who are watching the torch relay, anyway.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everyone here thinks it's bad, but when I saw the post, I thought it was good, thinking we'd be outside singing Brighton songs, like the old days.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Get to watch the flame twice, will look good along London Road...

60 07:20 Brighton and Hove Start Pavilion Gardens
60 Brighton and Hove Start Pavilion Gardens - Left Turn
60 Brighton and Hove Pavilion Gardens Path
60 Brighton and Hove pedestrian area - Left Turn
60 Brighton and Hove Castle Square
60 Brighton and Hove A23 Old Steine
60 Brighton and Hove A23 Marlborough Pl
60 Brighton and Hove A23 Gloucester Pl
60 Brighton and Hove A23 York Pl
60 Brighton and Hove A23 London Rd
60 Brighton and Hove A23 Preston Rd
60 Brighton and Hove A23 London Rd
60 Brighton and Hove A23 London Rd to The Excelsior (is that Withdean)

Shame its not going to the AMEX

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/19_03_12_day60_brighton_hastings.pdf

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I assumed the torch bearers would be a mix of sports people/celbrities and nominated people from the local area, but in Brighton and Hove there are people from Northampton, Preston, France and Germany!!

I had visions of Fat Boy Slim passing it on to Gus then to Mike Yardy, Chris Eubank, Steve Ovett, Sally Gunnell, interspersed with 62 year old Peter Witcomb from Brighton and 12 year old Freddy Mouland from Peacehaven etc..

Not Guerchet Gaelle from Malville, Isabelle Bailly from Argenteuil or Steffen Trautmann from Erfurt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here