Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic stadiium controversy

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
One would have thought they would have planned and have to stick to this as part of the Olympic package - not squabbling about it after the event

Mind boggles me to build such a stadiium just for just two weeks use - I hear the Birds Nest in Beijing has been used just six times since the Olympics

Maybe time that the Olympics reverts to a permanent venue of its original home of Athens

Hopefully all the other venues will be a true legacy

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Firstly Who cares, we have Falmer... (Wembley by the sea)..

if i were to be pushed to give an answer on this, i would say give it to West Ham, after all it is in their own manor, unlike Spurs who will have to move from one side of london to the other, and i believe this would be against the premiership ruling that stops other teams encroaching on another Premier teams area or something like this.

However will West Ham be able to fill it, well that depends on what division they are in at the time...

Good point, but Premiership ruling what are thats words worth, to help me can someone point me in the direction of this ruling. To be fair to Spurs fans as well, they don't want it

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Fact is that it is a white elephant, already. West Ham are going down, nowhere near enough to Spurs, so neither qualify.

Leave it to the athletes and it will be a rusting hulk in 5 years. Thankfully I never buy a lottery ticket, when the profits are wasted on rubbish like this and other loony toons developments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here