Olympic Flame now arriving...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
We were told the torch would travel 8000miles round Britain carried in relay by 8000 people. Naively I thought that meant each person would carry it 1 mile. Then the route was published & amazingly it’s going past the end of our road but when the detailed route was announced I realised all was not as it seemed. Yes it’ll go past our road but in the back of a van at 60miles an hour. After an appearance in Crowborough it’s into a van, down the A26, bypassing Uckfield as it travels to Lewes. And how far will each ‘Bearer’ carry it for, seems to me not much more than 100 yards. Hardly a relay, what a let down.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I work with many Londerners and they were all charged an extra £20 on poll tax since 2006 to build the stadiums, with the promise of preferential tickets.

Did they get the tickets? Did they bollocks!!!

I think it is actually impossible to give preference to one specific group of non-corporate people within the EU.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We were told the torch would travel 8000miles round Britain carried in relay by 8000 people. Naively I thought that meant each person would carry it 1 mile. Then the route was published & amazingly it’s going past the end of our road but when the detailed route was announced I realised all was not as it seemed. Yes it’ll go past our road but in the back of a van at 60miles an hour. After an appearance in Crowborough it’s into a van, down the A26, bypassing Uckfield as it travels to Lewes. And how far will each ‘Bearer’ carry it for, seems to me not much more than 100 yards. Hardly a relay, what a let down.

Erm, one of the biggest athletic event is the 100 metre relay - that's only 4 people

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I see one of the torch barer,s from this morning allready has the torch and uniform for sale on ebay:ffsparr:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Synchronised swimming and rythmic gymnastics. If you can,t get up for these then you just don't like sport in my opinion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Synchronised swimming and rythmic gymnastics. If you can,t get up for these then you just don't like sport in my opinion.

If they are nubile young wimmin in tight costumes, does it matter what they are doing ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here