Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldies..............what was Busby's prior ......

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
5th ODI England v India

England win toss and chose to bowl first.

Flintoff out (left ankle again) and replaced by Jon Lewis.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Silly me - remember to start a new thread as well :lolol::dunce:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

Where is this being played? Next door to the cinema, you know, where Oriana's used to be?... What is the wicket like, has anyone popped along the seafront to see?...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jenkinsons for the yougsters(18 to 23) and papa Jenks for the over 23's...I seem to recall

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Jenkinson's was shit, I had the misfortune to work behind the bar there for a week.

Although I did see the Troggs play there one midweek evening. There were at least 20 people there!!!

Turned up at Buzby's one midweek in October around 1985 to discover about 10 people in there watching a set by Modern Romance. Got pissed and did silly dances to 'Ay Ay Ay Moosey', great night.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Above the old virgin store (on the corner of the clock tower) was the "Big Apple" I saw many a live band there :rave::dance:

The Big Apple was also down North Street where there used to be a cinema wasn't it ? Saw Atomic Rooster (with Carl Palmer on drums) there in 1970 I'm sure. And also wasn't Sherry's was in Ship Street ?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The Big Apple was also down North Street where there used to be a cinema wasn't it ? Saw Atomic Rooster (with Carl Palmer on drums) there in 1970 I'm sure. And also wasn't Sherry's was in Ship Street ?

If you stood at the top of west street facing the clock tower, big apple was on the right hand corner, in north road (or is it street ?) (best way i can descibe it i think :thumbsup:)

I saw loads of bands there, status quo, t rex (when it was just mark bolan and mickey finn) ginger baker and loads i forget as drink always got the better of me :lolol:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Jenkinson's Cabaret Bar
Papa Jenks
Coasters
Buzbys
Orianas

Trust me I've been pissed in all of them, donn't know what it's called now though:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here