Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham's quest for a new stadium fails...

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I have heard that the club will now approach Tameside Council (Ashton area) to ask to build in their borough. they have loads of space and have asked OAFC before apparently. The Ashton clubs are probably too small to kick up much of a fuss but it's shame that the 'Tics have to leave Oldham.

postcodes-large.jpg

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Isn't Boundary Park one of the few grounds where you can watch the game from the toilets?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is a shame that we, as a country, do not seem to value sporting facilities. Wouldn't it be great if smaller teams were adopted by the local council and build (as a joint venture) some sort of community stadium with facilities for the residents, conferences, local schools and so on? Swimming pools, facilities for children and so on and so forth.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I have heard that the club will now approach Tameside Council (Ashton area) to ask to build in their borough. they have loads of space and have asked OAFC before apparently. The Ashton clubs are probably too small to kick up much of a fuss but it's shame that the 'Tics have to leave Oldham.

postcodes-large.jpg

So many football clubs in such a tiny area. And only just off that map are Blackburn, Burnley, Liverpool and then all the clubs in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire / Notts.

We are VERY lucky to be located where we are.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

That map reminds of a Beatles song. How did it go now. Ah yes:

"Blackburn and 4,000 other holes in Lancashire..."

Or something like that...

(Yes, I know. The biggest hole of all - Stockport - is actually in Cheshire...)

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
That map reminds of a Beatles song. How did it go now. Ah yes:

"Blackburn and 4,000 other holes in Lancashire..."

Or something like that...

(Yes, I know. The biggest hole of all - Stockport - is actually in Cheshire...)

I read the news today, oh boy, four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire, and though the holes were rather small they had to count them all. Now they know hoe many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall. I'd love to turn you on.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
When Saturday Comes - The Half Decent Football Magazine - Oldham's new ground search hits another snag

as posted by cheeserolls ... i have rwad the lengthy comment on the article (there was only 1, which may be indicative of oldhams levels of empathy in the fan community!)

anyway, it says that the owners can profit from sale of the boundary park site - as you'll rememeber, a huge site with lots of surrounding land.

upon readinbg Build A Bonfire the other day, I thought that owners were not allowed to profit from the sale of club assets (which admittedly sound ridiculous thinking about it) but the FA said that Archer could not remove the not-for-profit clause from a club's constitution.

i fear bad things ahead for oldham ... owners buying the club because of the value of the land and now a potential move to spotland next year.

read he comment on the article, it sends a shiver down your spine.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Too many smart-arse answers and comments re Oldham's plight on the forum today.Some of our posters appear rather smug to me.Good luck to Oldham;I hope they get sorted.
P.S.One of the coldest places I have ever seen Brighton play!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I read the news today, oh boy, four thousand holes in Blackburn Lancashire, and though the holes were rather small they had to count them all. Now they know hoe many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall. I'd love to turn you on.

What's the COUNCIL going to DO about it, that's what I want to know!

I blame the Coalition.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Too many smart-arse answers and comments re Oldham's plight on the forum today.Some of our posters appear rather smug to me.Good luck to Oldham;I hope they get sorted.
P.S.One of the coldest places I have ever seen Brighton play!

Good post I agree with every word, although the East Terrace at The Goldstone was cold when it was snowing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It is a shame that we, as a country, do not seem to value sporting facilities.

oh i think we do, just built somewhere else. as long as it doesnt spoil a view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here