Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham's New Badge.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Initially I thought, yes I know Oldham have the highest ground in English football, but it's hardly well represented by a chuffing mountain!! It turns out that it's not a mountain at all but represents part of the diamond they used to have in their badge. It looks like it should be the badge of a Canadian ice hockey team.....

I believe West Brom have the highest ground in English Football followed by Port Vale. Oldham come in a lowly third.

The owl looks like its mates with the secret seven.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Presumably the white mountain in the background is designed to honour the fact that their shit ground is on top of a huge hill and always bloody freezing?

[Edit: didn't read grassman's comment - indeed]

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The kit's okay but the badge ? Sorry, I've been to Oldham a few times and it'll take a lot more than a boss eyed owl to make that place dynamic.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Hahaha sorry but that owl is just the wrong style for something you'd have on a crest, it's not simple enough & looks like it's been drawn by f***ing marvel or something

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A new badge without the new stadium.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Angry Seagull would whup his ass

seagull.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
AN owl.

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously why do Oldham have an owl but aren't known as the owls? or are they?

To do with their town crest apparently:

The Shield is derived from the former arms of Oldham showing three white owls (a pun on “Owldham”) and three red rings giving the initial letter “0”.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Initially I thought, yes I know Oldham have the highest ground in English football, but it's hardly well represented by a chuffing mountain!! It turns out that it's not a mountain at all but represents part of the diamond they used to have in their badge. It looks like it should be the badge of a Canadian ice hockey team.....

Without trying to sound too pedantic the highest ground is actually The Hawthorns. But back on topic, I see they just blown-up the size of the owl but personally I prefer the old one, it has more of a classic look to it.

But I guess at least they did not have the owl facing the wrong way!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
If i were playing against them i'd get distracted by the psychotic owl staring at me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here