Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham v Soton / Peterboro v Albion

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Was thinking that it sounded like SCC had the kind of performance that we had at Peterborough in October. Interesting to compare the stats of those two games -

In last's nights match Southampton had 14 shots (10 on target) compared to Oldham's 9 (3 on target).

In our match, we had 16 shots (12 on target) compared to Peterborough's 5 (1 on target).

So ours was actually a better performance - the difference being that Southampton scored 6 and we only managed 3.

But it does seem that six slightly flattered them. On that basis, we should have scored ten at Peterborough.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We also played against 10 men for most of the game.Lets not beat about the bush here.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Guess I'm just saying that if you look at the number of shots - they had 14 and Oldham 9 - 6-0 seems a bit flattering. They are obviously good at taking their chances, whereas Oldham are obviously sh*t at taking their's. We had a much better shots ratio in the Peterboro match, yet only won 3-0.

I can see them getting really carried away (and even more arrogant) with this result, but the scoreline possibly looks more spectacular than it should do.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Saints win tonight is surely performance of the season so far? They will have another bad patch though, I remember the unbeatable feeling I had after we beat Posh, but we dropped off the pace after that. Saints WILL do the same at some point.

We just need to worry about Brighton and Hove Albion, not the rest

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It is their performance of the season so far - not necessarily the best in the division. That's the point I'm making. They ain't world beaters.

TJPM

Jan 11, 2011
Firstly I would like to apologise on behalf of Saints fans for the sheer arrogance being shown on here. I do have a theory why we are posting on here, due to the circumstances of the last 4 years its been a while since we've had these expectations and competition for a league title. I am not condoning it, just a theory as unfortunately every club has its number of tosser fans who probably spend their lives in barbour coats with a flat cap drinking stella and think they are still in the 70's and 80's. Please take the banter as flattery as you are the league leaders and after a terrible home result to Brentford we now find ourselves in this position.

Ignore the wank posts and continue to enjoy your brilliant season so far!! Brighton really have impressed me so far especially beating the skates and clearly you will achieve promotion.

The second half of the season will be interesting!

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
Was thinking that it sounded like SCC had the kind of performance that we had at Peterborough in October. Interesting to compare the stats of those two games -

In last's nights match Southampton had 14 shots (10 on target) compared to Oldham's 9 (3 on target).

In our match, we had 16 shots (12 on target) compared to Peterborough's 5 (1 on target).

So ours was actually a better performance - the difference being that Southampton scored 6 and we only managed 3.

But it does seem that six slightly flattered them. On that basis, we should have scored ten at Peterborough.

Someone seriously has too much time on their hands

Phoenix Arrow

Mitoma Enthusiast
Aug 18, 2009
Sverige
The second half of the season will be interesting!
The second half of the season will have me bricking it.
I agree with what you're saying though and it annoys me when there's a back and forth. One of ours splinters off on to your forum, makes a big song and dance then everyone on your forums starts asking "why do they care so much about us?" It gets chalked up to a small club mentality and left alone. But the truth is we don't care. We care this season because lets be honest, you have the strongest squad in the league and I care personally because in good old Eastleigh, the hometown of the teenaged mother that shuts down after 7pm, but 2 years from now or whatever, this seasons "rivalry" will be history and we'll be slagging off some other random club. Probably London based. Probably actually just Palace.

Huh. I didn't know I had that in me. Best of luck anyway. I wouldn't begrudge you finishing second. But then again, I would find it kind of hilarious if Bournemouth finished above you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here