Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham Sign David Lee!!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
League One outfit Oldham Athletic have signed Brighton midfielder David Lee on non-contract forms.

The 24-year-old midfielder has been on trial at Boundary Park from Brighton and has now inked a deal after being included in Oldham's squad for the weekend.

Latics boss Brian Talbot is keen to bolster his squad with midfield reinforcements and could see Lee as a useful acquisition.

Lee travels to Brentford on Saturday but is unlikely to take any part, with an appearance in a midweek reserve game more likely.

The industrious midfielder began his career at Tottenham before spells with Hull, Southend and Brighton - where he has since fallen out of favour.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Poor Oldham!!! The only way Talbot could see Lee as a useful acquisition is if he wanted some one to play goalpost!!:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Oldham Sign David Lee!!

Uncle Buck said:
When the feck did he become an industrious midfielder. Lazy, clueless and generally shite yes, but industrious no.

He was industrious, a bit like one of those old barges, which coincidentally has a similar turning circle.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Croydonbloke said:
Massive sporting headline. wooooooow!!!!

You don't understand, methinks. David Lee is the arguably the biggest pile of shite to ever (dis)grace an Albion shirt.

Think about your worst player from the last few years, give him only one leg, and you have David Lee.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kev the Ape said:
:lolol: :lolol: oldham now its your turn to call him a useless wanker.

According to yesterday's Argus he has been asked to leave after ONE week :eek:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Latics chance for triallist Lee

DAVID LEE with Latics boss Brian Talbot.
by Michael Yarwood

BRIAN TALBOT added a new player to his squad today – and then told him: “Shape up or ship out.”

Midfielder David Lee joined Athletic on non-contract forms but will be freed again next week if he doesn’t do more to impress.

Lee (24) played for the reserves against Bolton on Wednesday after arriving at Boundary Park on trial.

He was released by Brighton at the end of last season and, as Athletic are suffering with injury problems, will go straight into the squad for tomorrow’s match at Brentford.

Talbot, however, warned that Lee had only a few more days to prove himself.

The manager said: “I thought he was average in the reserves, but he asked to stay for another week and I’m giving him that chance.

“He’ll need to do better in the next reserve game, otherwise I will release him from the club.

“I don’t know a great deal about him, but he did score eight goals in one season when he was playing at Southend.

“We are down to the bare bones because I’ve only got one central midfielder who is 100-per-cent fit. David will travel with us to Brentford.”

Lee’s involvement comes amid injury troubles which have ruled out Mark Bonner and Danny Hall, as well as making John Eyre a serious doubt.

Bonner needs another week to get over his hamstring pull, Hall – who is capable of stepping into midfield – is unavailable with a throat infection, while Eyre is rated less than 50-50 due to a hip problem.

Matty Appleby is on standby as he continues his fightback from a career-threatening hip complaint.

Les Pogliacomi is in the squad after coming through training yesterday, but Craig Mawson will continue in goal.

Athletic also have walking wounded in defence as Dave Beharall is out and Mark Arber has been under treatment all week with a sore calf.

Talbot added: “Arber hasn’t trained but he has got to play. There was a chance I would have used Danny Hall in defence, but now that’s out of the window as well.”

ATHLETIC (from): Mawson, Holden, Haining, Arber, Griffin, Betsy, Eyre, Appleby, Boshell, Eyres, Killen, Johnson, Jack, Barlow, Lomax, Tierney, Lee, Pogliacomi.

Brentford’s Martin Allen has been named League One manager of the month for September.

He is set to recall a number of first-choice players after resting them against Milton Keynes in the LDV Vans Trophy.

BRENTFORD (from): Nelson, O’Connor, Sodje, Turner, Frampton, Tabb, Hargreaves, Talbot, Salako, Burton, Rankin, Harrold, Myers, Hunt, Lawrence, Fitzgerald, Rhodes, Julian.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Set of Tracksuits said:
You don't understand, methinks. David Lee is the arguably the biggest pile of shite to ever (dis)grace an Albion shirt.

Think about your worst player from the last few years, give him only one leg, and you have David Lee.
what about Robbie Pethetic or Andy Pratterson

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Re: Re: Oldham Sign David Lee!!

Uncle Buck said:
When the feck did he become an industrious midfielder. Lazy, clueless and generally shite yes, but industrious no.
:lolol: :lolol: dont think i could have put it any better myself u buck :lolol:could quite possibly be the laziest player to ever wear the stripes

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Set of Tracksuits said:

Admitedly, not our greatest signing, but Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Damien Hilton? Now THEY were shite!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Robbie Pethick was a good servant of this club.

And Petterson wasn't that bad either.

Anyone that bothered to go to Ipswich away in the cup would have seen him keep the score respectable. Yes he fell over once, but we had already lost and Coco and Kuipers have both made their share of mistakes.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Repugnant Toad said:
Admitedly, not our greatest signing, but Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Damien Hilton? Now THEY were shite!

Yeah, I inserted the word "arguably" when I thought about it!! Damian Hilton, Ashley Neal, Simon Fox, they are all up there too!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually likeed Lee and if he had been given a chance and didn't have everyone yelling abuse at him everytime he got the ball, i think you may have found he wasn't that bad a player. ( I suppose Brighton fans are quite good at that really, after all listening to some of the things yelled at our leading scorer from last year, it can't do much for the confidence)

I was talking to Paul Rogers at the REMF golf day and he said that David Lee was one of the most skillful players at the club and we had not seen the best of him. Unfortunately, injuries took its toll.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
I dont think Lee was that bad, he go alot of stick from Albion fans, what I never understand when we sign bad players, everyone takes it out on them,
surely we should all be slating peter taylor for signing him?

I think he played to the best of his ability, he would make a good non-league player (lower half conference team) hw always player well in the reserves for us, put some good crosses in.

why can,t we all just say "bad luck ,you didnt make the grade at Brighton, good luck for the future"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here